Insurance (YZF-R125)

edg3
This post is 5747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

New around here, I'm looking at getting a YZF-R125 and am currently getting quotes for insurance that are ranging from £650 (H & R Insurance) to £1300 (Carole Nash) and some even more than that! Was wondering if these kind of prices were normal as they seem rather high to me?

About me, I'm 22 in a couple of weeks and have held a full (clean) driving license for over 4 years, bike value is £3k and will be kept in a locked garage overnight.

Any YZF-R125 owners willing to disclose what they're paying - and also what license they hold etc?

Ta,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

New around here, I'm looking at getting a YZF-R125 and am currently getting quotes for insurance that are ranging from £650 (H & R Insurance) to £1300 (Carole Nash) and some even more than that! Was wondering if these kind of prices were normal as they seem rather high to me?

About me, I'm 22 in a couple of weeks and have held a full (clean) driving license for over 4 years, bike value is £3k and will be kept in a locked garage overnight.

Any YZF-R125 owners willing to disclose what they're paying - and also what license they hold etc?

Ta,

try http://www.lexhaminsurance.co.uk/

my daughter pays 100 for ybr125 but she has full motorbike licence and 2yrs ncb. third party only with me as named driver. also try hastings...i pay 100 fully comp for fazer s2

Hi all,

Ta,

Cheers for the replies guys :)

Have phoned up a few more companies and got some prices which were slightly better than original.

Also got a quote back via email from Lexham, they came back with £660. Phoned them up, they came down to £510.

Going to ring round a few more of the larger ones tomorrow and see if they'll come down any further, though I'm pretty happy at £510 - that's with a £400 excess - for my first year.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online