Motorbike Test!

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5780 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gutted today :( past my theory on saturday thought ohh great book my bike test be on a 250 stroker by the end of the month...ohh how i was wrong.... after waiting on hold to the DSA for 45mins they told me its 7week wait becuase all bike schools have blocked booked all availible slots and are selling them along with there training for serious £££££££

:( all becuase the new test thats coming out so i rang about and cudnt get a answer off 2 training schools...so il get the yellow pages out tomorow its got to the point where il actually pay what they ask just to get that bit of plastic :D

riding trainers are earning serious bucks now arnt they!

il keep you posted

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gutted today :( past my theory on saturday thought ohh great book my bike test be on a 250 stroker by the end of the month...ohh how i was wrong.... after waiting on hold to the DSA for 45mins they told me its 7week wait becuase all bike schools have blocked booked all availible slots and are selling them along with there training for serious £££££££

:( all becuase the new test thats coming out so i rang about and cudnt get a answer off 2 training schools...so il get the yellow pages out tomorow its got to the point where il actually pay what they ask just to get that bit of plastic :D

riding trainers are earning serious bucks now arnt they!

il keep you posted

good luck mate !! my freind just failed his test ,hes got 4 weeks to do re test but cant get in any where!!!!!

cheers mate...sorry to here that its crap isnt it

i was lucky enough to do mi test just after cbt came in. i moaned like hell at havin to do 2 tests whilst car drivers only did 1 ! turnin da clock back im greatfull im not havin to do mi test now !!!! you'll 'ave to let us all know ow you get on!

i was lucky enough to do mi test just after cbt came in. i moaned like hell at havin to do 2 tests whilst car drivers only did 1 ! turnin da clock back im greatfull im not havin to do mi test now !!!! you'll 'ave to let us all know ow you get on!

hahaha yer timkes are changing....i will do mate :D il let you all no the whole world will no if i pass :D

hahaha yer timkes are changing....i will do mate :D il let you all no the whole world will no if i pass :D

shame that

people that are booked before the test, have to make sure they pass!

Try phoning round a few bike schools further afield. It will be worth the travel if you can get in sooner.

Here in Oldham i believe there is only a week or 2 to wait. :D

........ all becuase the new test thats coming out ............

I think the riding schools are more affraid of this new test than the normal punters!

Ok, so it's all different, and there are few new things to be tested on, but thinking back When I first did my test back in 1987 we had a two part test one which was very similar to the CBT stuff only with a DSA (Or whatever it was called then - can't remember) tester and one out on the road. In thoses days you had to do a test each time you wanted to move up. There was no following on the bike and the test was pretty difficult to fail, but my point is things change and it's not always to make thing worse, just different. I remember when they first introduced parrallel paking into the driving test, there was an outcry but it's not made much difference has it?

If you've trained for your test under the current criteria then I agree it's a bugger if you can't get in because slots have been booked up for people who've not even got on a bike yet, and it's not fair, and if the DSA had any sense of fair play then they would stop the schools from pre-booking and give everyone a fair crack.

You might be as well to look into the new test, just as a precaution. Just because you get a place doesn't mean you'll pass, and it might not even be your fault, but if something can go wrong it often does!

Personally, I think licenses should be hierarchical - get a bike license before a car, car before a wagon/bus etc then maybe the roads might actually be a bit safer, or at least stop Dithery Dora and the off-pavement school run brigade from ever geting behind a wheel in her X5 that she can almost see the wipers.... :rant::offtopic: sorry!

Anyway, good luck with the test, and more importantly with getting a slot - :thumb:

.....Personally, I think licences should be hierarchical - get a bike licence before a car, car before a wagon/bus etc then maybe the roads might actually be a bit safer, or at least stop Dithery Dora and the off-pavement school run brigade from ever geting behind a wheel in her X5 that she can almost see the wipers....

I understand the principle but not everyone can cope with balancing on a bike. As an alternative, I'd suggest that ALL car drivers are restricted to (say) an 1100cc/limited BHP car for 2 years before being allowed out in daddy's M5. In addition, all drivers should undergo a day's bike experience (as a pillion) to get a true indication of:

a) the additional dangers faced by bikers

B) the risks some bikers take and how to avoid increasing that risk and

c) seeing the general road conditions & hazards from a motorcycling point of view.

No bike day certificate, no car licence.

'Tis merely a thought.

I understand the principle but not everyone can cope with balancing on a bike. As an alternative, I'd suggest that ALL car drivers are restricted to (say) an 1100cc/limited BHP car for 2 years before being allowed out in daddy's M5. In addition, all drivers should undergo a day's bike experience (as a pillion) to get a true indication of:

c) seeing the general road conditions & hazards from a motorcycling point of view.

'Tis merely a thought.

'Tis a great idea!!!

'Tis a great idea!!!

Doth have my vote!!!!

:thumb:

'Tis merely a thought.

Couldnt agree more :D

I think the riding schools are more affraid of this new test than the normal punters!

Ok, so it's all different, and there are few new things to be tested on, but thinking back When I first did my test back in 1987 we had a two part test one which was very similar to the CBT stuff only with a DSA (Or whatever it was called then - can't remember) tester and one out on the road. In thoses days you had to do a test each time you wanted to move up. There was no following on the bike and the test was pretty difficult to fail, but my point is things change and it's not always to make thing worse, just different. I remember when they first introduced parrallel paking into the driving test, there was an outcry but it's not made much difference has it?

If you've trained for your test under the current criteria then I agree it's a bugger if you can't get in because slots have been booked up for people who've not even got on a bike yet, and it's not fair, and if the DSA had any sense of fair play then they would stop the schools from pre-booking and give everyone a fair crack.

You might be as well to look into the new test, just as a precaution. Just because you get a place doesn't mean you'll pass, and it might not even be your fault, but if something can go wrong it often does!

Personally, I think licenses should be hierarchical - get a bike license before a car, car before a wagon/bus etc then maybe the roads might actually be a bit safer, or at least stop Dithery Dora and the off-pavement school run brigade from ever geting behind a wheel in her X5 that she can almost see the wipers.... :rant::offtopic: sorry!

Anyway, good luck with the test, and more importantly with getting a slot - :thumb:

Thanks i phoned around today the earliest i could get was October ....the new test but o well i want to get it so il do it

Try phoning round a few bike schools further afield. It will be worth the travel if you can get in sooner.

Here in Oldham i believe there is only a week or 2 to wait. :D

Hello! :D yer phoned a few today basically got told the same by all of them if u want a license wait until october you have no choice lol charming! hmm i might get on the blower tomorow and find out whats down your way :D

cheers for that

Hello! :D yer phoned a few today basically got told the same by all of them if u want a license wait until october you have no choice lol charming! hmm i might get on the blower tomorow and find out whats down your way :D

cheers for that

Well if you get something over our way let me know - you are welcome to come stay with us if necessary ;)

the same thing happened not long after i did my test. the dsa brought in 33bhp/direct access. the press and the bike training industry said it was the end of biking, but here we are 13 years later and the only thing that has changed is a relative increase in insurance for novice riders.

got stung by a bee on my test, but still passed 1st time - whhich was cool

got stung by a bee on my test, but still passed 1st time - which was cool

....whereas all new riders will be stubg by the DSA.

I'll get me coat.

Well if you get something over our way let me know - you are welcome to come stay with us if necessary ;)

yay mikey take the offer !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online