Fazer 600 (1999) - Petrol in oil

llihzag
This post is 5761 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

just had a quick look around on the net but unable to find any relevant info...

i have a yamaha fazer 600 (1999), i started it this morning and noticed petrol pouring from the joint at the bottom of the tail can!

upon further investigation i found the petrol has also become mixed with the oil and there is also petrol inside the airbox!! there was also petrol coming from the carb breather pipe.

my intial thoughts are it may be something related to the piston rings, although im not certain as i would have thought this would have been noticed earlier (i.e. blue smoke from exhaust) and this seems to have happened suddenly.

are there any common faults that would cause this or does anyone know of any seals or gaksets that may have failed that may cause this to happen?

any help much appreciated!!

regards

gareth

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be the carbs flooding causing fuel to drain into the airbox and engine, could just be a sticking float needle valve. Also fuel tap could be leaking causing fuel to flow when its not required. Not familiar with the bike and its fuel delivery method but might give you something to look at.

Most likely via flooding carbs BUT that bike has a fuel pump, should only be sending fuel into the machine when the engine is running (and the fuel pump is running).

Have a look here

http://fazerowners.yuku.com/bfazerowners

introduce yourself, do a forum search and post a query if you can't find anything to help...

Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online