Price check

tubesock
This post is 5899 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I apologize in advance if I wasn't supposed to post this here, I am just not getting any replies in any of the other bike forums I tried.

My dad owns a 1974 Yamaha 200 Electric. It hasn't been fired since 1978, and has 3400 original miles on it. It has been stored in his shop since 1981 and everything is original, even the tires and light bulbs.

The bike is in perfect condition, except for the dust on it. When it ran in 1978 it ran perfectly, but it was given to him by his dad who didn't ride it any longer. My dad just never felt like learning to ride a motorbike.

He is a pack rat, so that is why he still owns the bike. He finally decided that he wants to sell it to help out his retirement, but the only problem is neither of us know what he might be able to sell it for.

How much do you guys think he might be able to sell it for? He was thinking maybe a collector would like to have it, we just don't know any collectors....

Any help would be wonderful and thanks in advance!

Jake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I apologize in advance if I wasn't supposed to post this here, I am just not getting any replies in any of the other bike forums I tried.

My dad owns a 1974 Yamaha 200 Electric. It hasn't been fired since 1978, and has 3400 original miles on it. It has been stored in his shop since 1981 and everything is original, even the tires and light bulbs.

The bike is in perfect condition, except for the dust on it. When it ran in 1978 it ran perfectly, but it was given to him by his dad who didn't ride it any longer. My dad just never felt like learning to ride a motorbike.

He is a pack rat, so that is why he still owns the bike. He finally decided that he wants to sell it to help out his retirement, but the only problem is neither of us know what he might be able to sell it for.

How much do you guys think he might be able to sell it for? He was thinking maybe a collector would like to have it, we just don't know any collectors....

Any help would be wonderful and thanks in advance!

Jake

Jake

Saw this on the RD forum and thought i would leave it too the 125./200 officianodos to reply

Where are you? as too value it seems the smaller Rd,s do not fetch as much as the big ones, really depends on condition, do you have any pictures? if it is real good(I:E immaculate) then possibly £800/£1000 down too a couple of hundred if it rusty and bits missing so from your description i would imagine around £5/600 just depends on what someone is willing to give you on the day

Merv

Yeah, im in the states, Idaho (West Coast.) and it is in immaculate condition as far as I'm concerned. No rust, no scratches, no dents, the seat is not torn/worn. I do not have pics - it's my dad's and that's 450 miles away. I will have him send me pics though, then I'll post em.

Thanks Merv!

Jake

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online