XS/RD/250/350/400 frames

PhilCBR
This post is 5780 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and hope to build a 1970s Yamaha special (Like the Joey Dunlop bike on the cover of Classic Bikes recently)

I have a question. I have been looking at different frames from the following models and was wondering how different they are. They are XS250, XS400, RD250AC/LC , RD350AC/LC and RD400 frames. They all seem to look the same, but do any of you boffins out there know the differences in terms of width, geometry, weight, length, engine mountings, etc.

I have heard that the RD350 frame is geometrically the same as the TZ350 frame, only twice as heavy and with extra lugs for road equipment. So are any of the other frames the same as the RD350??

Many thanks,

Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

I see no-one has responded; I assume this is perhaps not as straight forward a question as I thought! Is there anyone lucky/rich enough to own 2 different types of RD or XS, or one of each, and could compare the frames? Are there any technical websites that compare the bikes? I have searched but can't find much

Thanks,

Phil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online