Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Reed becomes 3rd most successful AMA-SX rider after Dallas win

Chad Reed moved up to third place in the all-time AMA Supercross victories table after clinching the 34th win of his career and the eighth of the 2008 championship at the Texas Stadium in Dallas last Saturday. The Australian led from the second lap until the chequered flag for his second triumph in the space of a week. The 25 year old owned the thirteenth round of seventeen and now stands 27 points ahead of Kevin Windham. In front of more than 46,000 fans, Reed enacted a fine performance to form part of yet another excellent night's racing for Yamaha with young hotshot Josh Hill taking second position for the third '1-2' of the campaign for the YZ450F. Hill fought with Davi Millsaps (even surviving a scary moment when the Honda rider landed on him) and Kevin Windham and was understandably excited to capture the fourth podium of an impressive season so far. "I feel like I've given a lot of wins away this year - four, to be exact - and we're just trying to go out there and win this title," said Reed who now needs another 14 wins to match Ricky Carmichael's total (Jeremy McGrath has a mighty 72). "Tonight was awesome. I'm so happy for Josh Hill to get up here and put Yamaha 1-2." "It should be a lot more, but I made a lot of mistakes," he added regarding his points lead of more than one main event (a win counts for 25). "I really want to win this title, and before this season ever started, we did our work and put our heads down and we never shied away from the goal. We lost a competitor [James Stewart], but we're still out there fighting for this thing, and that's all that counts." "The track was real slick, and I just spun off that double, and he was already committed," said Hill remembering the clash with Millsaps. "I think I have a tire mark on my shoulder from it. I actually still jumped the rhythm section. It was kind of a hectic main event. I was making mistakes all over, but I had the stamina to finish it." "It's awesome," he added about his achievement and the fact that he has become a regular protagonist; now fifth in the points table. "These guys are the guys I looked up to my whole life, and it's just awesome to be racing with them." Tyler Bowers was fifth in the Lites class and lies seventh in the standings. The AMA schedule, also an FIM World Championship, moves to MI Ford Field in Detroit next weekend with only four races remaining. Race 1 - 20 Laps Pos., Rider, Manu., Nat., Total Time 1, Chad Reed, Yamaha, AUS, 17'56.530 2, Josh Hill, Yamaha, USA, 0'1.872 3, David D Millsaps, Honda, USA, 0'3.670 4, Kevin Windham, Honda, USA, 0'4.572 5, Tim Ferry, Kawasaki, USA, 0'18.308 6, Andrew Short, Honda, USA, 0'21.398 7, Charles Summey, Yamaha, USA, 0'31.811 8, Paul Carpenter, Honda, USA, 0'43.715 9, Troy Adams, Honda, USA, 0'49.143 10, Travis Preston, Kawasaki, USA, 0'50.911 11, Nathan Ramsey, Yamaha, USA, 0'52.685 12, Heath Voss, Honda, USA, 0'58.930 13, Jason Thomas, Honda, USA, -1 Laps 14, Nicholas Wey, KTM, USA, -1 Laps 15, Eric Sorby, Honda, USA, -1 Laps 16, Dusty Klatt, Kawasaki, USA, -1 Laps 17, Antonio Balbi, Honda, USA, -1 Laps 18, Jeff Gibson, Kawasaki, USA, -1 Laps 19, Bryan K Johnson, Honda, USA, -2 Laps 20, Keith Johnson, Yamaha, USA, -2 Laps Rider Standings 05/04/2008 Pos., Rider, Manu., Nat., Points 1, Chad Reed, Yamaha, AUS, 287 2, Kevin Windham, Honda, USA, 260 3, Andrew Short, Honda, USA, 205 4, David D Millsaps, Honda, USA, 204 5, Josh Hill, Yamaha, USA, 173 6, Tim Ferry, Kawasaki, USA, 167 7, Nathan Ramsey, Yamaha, USA, 147 8, David Vuillemin, Suzuki, FRA, 123 9, Paul Carpenter, Honda, USA, 119 10, Nicholas Wey, KTM, USA, 117 11, Charles Summey, Yamaha, USA, 107 12, Heath Voss, Honda, USA, 89 13, Troy Adams, Honda, USA, 72 14, Eric Sorby, Honda, USA, 70 15, Mike Alessi, Suzuki, USA, 69 23, Grant Langston, Yamaha, RSA, 38 36, Broc Hepler, Yamaha, USA, 3 Manufacturer Standings 05/04/2008 Pos., Manufacturer, Points 1, Yamaha, 299 2, Honda, 277 3, Kawasaki, 229 4, Suzuki, 172 5, KTM, 117

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.