Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Metatarsal fractures confirmed for Jorge Lorenzo

Jorge Lorenzo will be wearing a cast on his left foot for the next ten days, in order to recover from the clean fractures he sustained to his third, fourth and fifth metatarsal bones last Sunday. The Fiat Yamaha rider was taken directly to the USP Institut Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona upon his return from Laguna Seca, in order to undergo a series of examinations by Dr. Xavier Mir. The Spaniard was injured in a crash on the opening lap of last Sunday’s U.S. Grand Prix, the final round before the MotoGP summer break. The findings of a CAT scan to Lorenzo’s left foot “confirmed fractures of the third, fourth and fifth metatarsal bones, without dislocation, with no new injury to the rider’s ankle,” according to Dr. Mir’s team. The recommended treatment for the injury is “immobilisation of the foot with a cast for ten days, followed by the fitting of a weight-supporting splint to allow the rider to walk.” Lorenzo will be able to start functional rehabilitation after his ten days of immobilisation, with the target of regaining complete mobility as soon as possible. He is aiming for a return to full fitness for the Czech Republic Grand Prix, which takes place on August 17th in Brno. Jorge Lorenzo "I am pretty hurt and upset, because once again a crash has halted my progression. I have visited Dr. Mir and he confirmed that it is a painful injury but one that can be cured through rest. I have a cast on my left foot, but I can barely walk because of some pain in the right foot suffered in the crash. Thankfully that is not an injury, just a consequence of the impact. Luckily I have time to recover before Brno, although I won’t be having any holiday time now. For the moment I am going to enjoy following one of my interests – the Tour de France – on television!”

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.