Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Karl Harris replaces Fabien Foret in World Supersport for Brands Hatch

Three time British Supersport champion Karl Harris has signed up to the Yamaha World Supersport Team for the British round of the 2008 World Supersport Championship at Brands Hatch on 2nd August. With proven previous Supersport experience and currently riding for the Rob Mac Yamaha British Superbike team, he was a natural choice for the ride. Karl steps in to replace rider Fabien Foret after the Frenchman suffered a serious crash in qualifying at the Brno round of the championship. Foret cracked the C6 and C7 vertebra in his neck after falling heavily at the Czech circuit. He is expected to make a full recovery but will not be riding for approximately three months. Karl will partner Australian rider Broc Parkes, currently 3rd in the championship standings on 100 points. The British rider is no stranger to Supersport, coming 4th in the Hockenheim round of the World Championship in 1999. He won the British Supersport Championship in 2004, 2003 and 2001. In 1999 Karl won the European Superstock Championship. Karl Harris (Yamaha World Supersport Team) “I’m over the moon for the opportunity, it’s been an up and down year so it’s brought my spirits back up again! I’m really looking forward to joining the Yamaha World Supersport Team for Brands Hatch. It’s great to be riding Supersport again, especially as I’ve had some success with three previous British Supersport Championship wins!” Wilco Zeelenberg (Team Manager – Yamaha World Supersport Team) “We were looking for a strong British rider and Karl fits the bill. He’s already part of the Yamaha family so it’s great to have him in our team for the British round. Karl is a proven rider in Superbike and Supersport, we believe he can do good things for us at Brands Hatch.”

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.