Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Edwards to run "Texas Tornado' livery in Laguna Seca

Fiat Yamaha Team rider Colin Edwards will contest his home Grand Prix at Laguna Seca this weekend in a one-off special livery, starting from first practice on Friday. The popular American is well known to his legion of fans, both on home shores and worldwide, as the ‘Texas Tornado' and this weekend's livery has been inspired by his famous nickname.

The livery, which is Fiat Yamaha's second change of the season following the ‘Fiat 500' inspired bikes in Assen, represents a personal tribute to the two-time World Superbike champion and Edwards has been influential in the design process.

"I'm really happy with the final result!" said the 33-year old Texan. "The finished article is exactly how I imagined and I think it's transmitting just the message we were after, mixing the idea of the tornado with the American flag. I'm always very proud to race in front of my home fans and I'm especially pleased to have something extra special to give them this weekend; I'd like to say a big thank you to Fiat for giving me the chance to do something different!"

Edwards' bike will be unveiled today, Thursday 19th July, at 1700 local time in Pit Lane at the Laguna Seca circuit.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.