Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Corser completes first test with Yamaha Motor Italia

Today two-time former world superbike champion Troy Corser had his first outing with the Yamaha Motor Italia team with whom he will compete in the 2007 Superbike World Championship.

The Australian completed 74 laps on the Mugello circuit in Italy riding a 2006-spec YZF-R1. The main objectives of the test were to help the team understand the rider’s preferences with regards to machine settings and to give Corser a first impression of his new team and of the R1 he has competed against for the past two seasons.

Corser and team-mate Noriyuki Haga will get their first taste of the 2007-spec YZF-R1 at the official FG Sport test on 14th and 15th of November at Valencia.

Troy Corser “I am very happy with today’s results. After altering the settings of foot pegs, handlebars and the thumb operated rear brake in the morning session, I already felt quite comfortable on the bike. The Yamaha R1 has impressed me on several points, especially the mid range power is strong and the chassis is very stable under braking. We worked on different bike settings during the day and the cooperation with the team worked out very well. At the end of the day I was already doing lap times equal to Noriyuki’s times here at Mugello so that gives good expectations for the next test at Valencia. There we will be able to make a realistic comparison. All in all I am very pleased with my first day working with the team and looking forward to next season.”

Massimo Meregalli “Today we have completed a quite significant amount of laps in order to have Troy getting used to the bike and the team. The result of the test was initially not to set competitive lap times but in the end Troy has shown us some impressive results. It was an important shakedown for the team and now that Troy has already proven he is able to work with the 2006 bike, we can now fully focus on 2007 season preparations. Today’s test was very positive so now we can work towards the Valencia test with full confidence.” 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.