Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

2010 Yamaha Monster Energy MX colours unveiled!

2010 YZ450FM
GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d22f268c
2010 YZ450FM
The 2010 Yamaha Monster Energy Motocross Teams have broken cover for the upcoming season with the new YZ450 and 250Fs boasting a radical and fresh design. The ’10 machinery has received a youthful and modern look to completely reflect the innovative technology housed beneath. David Philippaerts and Gautier Paulin have been charged with responsibility of the YZ450 and 250FMs in the FIM Motocross World Championship MX1-GP and MX2-GP classes respectively for the factory Yamaha Monster Energy Motocross Team. Ken De Dycker (MX1-GP), Loic Larrieu and Alessandro Lupino (MX2-GP) will represent the Yamaha Monster Energy Ricci MX squad. For the first time since 2005 the Yamaha Monster Energy MX Team, the most successful outfit in the history of MX1-GP, will divide their attentions between factory MX1 and MX2 machinery. 2008 world champion Philippaerts begins his third term with the crew and will be hoping to show race fans across the globe the potency of the ’10 YZ450FM and the renowned technical touch of the Rinaldi Group. Yamaha enter the 2010 GP schedule as defending champions (both Rider’s and Manufacturers) and with the rearward-slanted position of the new fuel-injected 450cc engine housed in a brand new chassis will aim for further prolificacy on the track.
DP
DP
25 year old Italian Philippaerts divided his winter time between cross-country training in the snowy mountains of northern Italy as well as riding in Belgium. He now believes he is ready to chase another title. ‘I feel good and I am really enjoying the new bike,’ he said. ‘We will keep on working through the season and although the level of the competition will again be high and there will be some surprises – as every year – I know I am in a good position. I must avoid mistakes and keep consistent with the points.’ Philippaerts is confident that the motorcycle will reveal its potential right away: ‘The standard motorcycle is already very good and the team have taken steps to personalise the race bike for me. Every time I ride it I am satisfied; it feels light and very responsive. We still have to see our level compared to the others but I am very positive.’
Gautier Paulin
Gautier Paulin
In MX2-GP Gautier Paulin is welcomed to the team and to Yamaha. The Frenchman finished 3rd in the 2009 series – only his second full GP season – and is expected to launch a valid campaign for the crown that Yamaha won in 2005 and 2007 on the revised YZ250FM. ‘I stayed in America for two months and all the motocross and supercross riding and training I did there really helped my mental and physical state, I am so excited to get started,’ said the 19 year old. ‘I was happy when I knew the team were interested in me and as soon as I tested the bike I wanted to sign the contract. The team is already pushing and supporting me so much and I have never had anything like that.’ ‘Even though the YZ450F is new, it is really good with excellent and smooth power delivery,’ commented Team Manager Mino Raspanti. ‘We are also very happy to have Ohlins with us this season. We are working really hard - as in every pre-season - to be organised and prepared. Having riders in two classes means we have to be busier at the races but we are excited about the potential of our riders and we have possibilities to win.’
Ken De Dycker
Ken De Dycker
Yamaha Monster Energy Ricci MX Team enter the MX1-GP series with the shrewd acquisition of Ken De Dycker for 2010. The Belgian has
been part of the tussle for the crown in the premier class since 2007 and is feared for his capabilities in the sand. A Grand Prix winner each year since ‘07 and a regular ‘podiumee’, De Dycker will make his Yamaha debut at Mantova this weekend. ‘This is a bit of a change for me but I am already feeling quite comfortable in the team and its family atmosphere,’ said the 25 year old. ‘I feel really good on the bike. David won the title in his first year with Yamaha and the manufacturer certainly has won many titles so all this can help me this season.’ Under the stewardship of Ilario Ricci the team have not forgotten their MX2-GP roots and retain the services of teenager Loic Larrieu. The French youngster begins his second GP term after taking a sensational podium result at his home round at Ernee last summer. Larrieu has been battling to regain fitness after a double shoulder injury incurred late in 2009 but should be ready for the first Grand Prix: ‘I did not have the off-season I wanted but now I hope to start the GPs in the best way possible. I learnt a lot in 2009 and want to build on this.’ Alessandro Lupino begins his third year as a Yamaha rider on the YZ250F and hoping for more fortune in 2010 after several injuries hampered the 19 year old’s progression in the last twelve months.
Yamaha Monster Army
Yamaha Monster Army
A new team joining the world championship paddock in 2010 will be Yamaha Gariboldi Monster Energy. The Italian outfit will bring highly-rated European Champion Christophe Charlier, from France, and promising Finn Harri Kullas to the Grand Prix circuits. The European motocross season comes alive this weekend with the popular Starcross International at the Mantova circuit in Italy. This unofficial ‘Grand Prix’ (by virtue of the burgeoning entry list of works riders) witnesses the start of activities for the Yamaha Monster Energy Motocross Teams and the beginning of shake-down events and tests for the next eight weeks. In almost two months the first Grand Prix of fifteen, at Sevlievo in Bulgaria, will initiate the 2010 FIM Motocross World Championship. Paulin and Larrieu will make their first 2010 competitive outings next week at Montevarchi for the first round of the Italian Championship. For a selection of images highlighting the athletes and new YZ machinery of the Yamaha Monster Energy motocross efforts please visit www.yamaha-racing.com. Information and profiles of riders, teams and motorcycles can also be found in the relevant sections on the website.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.