• Color Red / White
  • Price 0.00
  • Year 1996
  • Odometer 94000
  • Odometer Unit Kilometers
  • Description A project..

Comments

Hey guys,

Il just intro my toy, yzf600r thundercat, 96' model. My first above 250cc bike, and certainly not my last.

Picked her up for a steal but came with some cosmetic damages, and extras, was unregistered, has been dropped twice, both tyres needed replacing and it needed a major service, missing a mirror.

3 months down the track, shes fully serviced with brand new tyres (got same day as bike), new rear brake pads, plugs, new air filter, sliders, rim tape, tank pad, replaced mirror, new windscreen and a custom mounted and adjusted bagrack as it wasnt suited for this model, but theres nothing a bit of welding and fabrication cant do ;), angel eye, fuel cap surround sticker.

Looking to fix up some of the other broken / not-so-perfect parts left to do; right handlebar is a bit bent (not too much so easily rideable), needs new bracket for rear indicators, stator cover has a crack, some fairings have scratches / cracks.

New fairing kit? fairing conversion? custom fairing.. the possibilities...

Heres a few photos as progress went. My favourite modification was that of a angel eye additon, had to dissassemble the front end and open up the headlight itself to glue in and rewire, but well worth the efforts.

uploading photos now..

IP.Board Collections by DevFuse