1983 Yamaha Maxim questions!

Chicken
This post is 5887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I recently bought a 1983 Yamaha Maxim. It needs some minor cosmetic work but runs perfect! I was told by the guy I bought it from that it is an xs400. However the model description on the title states "rs". Did Yamaha make an rs? I'm trying to figure out what model I have for sure before I go and seek out parts. Thanks in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have an XS400 Maxim. There is an XS400R Seca.

Thanks XS! So here's another question. My turn signals come on but the left signal does not blink at all and the right signal only blinks when it wants to. Any suggestions?

Thanks XS! So here's another question. My turn signals come on but the left signal does not blink at all and the right signal only blinks when it wants to. Any suggestions?

Might want to check your contacts to see if there is any corrosion. It may be as simple as replacing one or more of the bulbs.

Sean