Indicators Not Working

markxt400
This post is 5880 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I am after a bit of help, the indicators on my 82 xt400 (grey import) will not work when the engine is running. They did work before I fitted a new battery, now they will only work with the ignition on and engine not running. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

check around the battery to see if you loosened a connection, or ground ,. only a guess but motor running is drawing off power??

check around the battery to see if you loosened a connection, or ground ,. only a guess but motor running is drawing off power??

That's a damn good guess mate.

If you have a multi meter check the battery voltage without the engine running, you should get a reading of about 11.2 to 11.8 volts, start the engine and check again, you should now get a reading of up to 13.8 volts.

Indicators now working. Thankyou Jeepurz & Bovril for the advice. I went round to the garage multimeter at the ready. Tried the indicators with engine not running, worked fine. I then started engine indicators failed to work. I then stopped engine put indicator on then started engine again this produced the desired result and indicators are now working perfectly. I don't know if this was just a fluke but all is well now.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online