Hello everyone

UnklFungus
This post is 5987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just want to introduce myself. I Live in Montana, and I am once again getting back on a bike. It's been years, and this is the first time with a two stroke. I have ordered the Clymer service manual so I am looking forward to getting that.

I do however have a question, if anyone may have the info for me.

What weight of oil do I put in the transmission? I don't know how much is in there and obviously I don't fry it, also, I have no idea how old the oil is .

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Okay, I spoke with the dealer and he told me 20W-40, motorcycle oil. I don't remember what brand he told me tho'. Would this he to be a motorcycle specific oil, or would 20w-50 car oil work?

Use the oil recommended by the dealer. You could end up causing yourself a load of problems by using car oil - it isnt designed for bikes.

Drain out the old stuff first and top it up with new - then you kno wyourself that it is right. If you dont know how long the old oil has been in there and you top it up with new - you're asking for trouble.

Welcome to the forum btw ;)