Finally back home!

Alex
This post is 5968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Hello everyone!

Well I'm sure by now, judging by how many new members there are that probably about 60% of you have no idea who I am... but for those who do...

I'm finally back in the country after spending time in Africa raising around £12000 for the Amani Children's home, which is an orphanage in a little town called Moshi in Tanzania.

Here are some friends and I at the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, it was -20C hence the hats. I have to say it was the hardest thing I have done. I just can't begin to describe how hard trekking is at altitude.

DSC_2196.jpg

This is one of the incredible views I would wake up to every morning, this one is on the way up to base camp.

DSC_2063.jpg

I really want to climb everest next, but that exhibition is about 70 days... and £30k! eek a lot of saving ;-)

And here is one of the kids from the home.

DSC_2264.jpg

It was strange to be without the internet for so long.. but now i'm back raring to go, although sad and glad at the same time ;-)

It wasn't all fun and games though, I've been away with work too...

So what you all been up to?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

welcome back mate. can you speak swahilli now. All I know is off lion king!!

• Admin

Nope can't speak any of the African languages... luckily for me they all spoke English :-)

Yeah it's pretty amazing these days since Russel Brice started exhibitions up Everest how heavily trafficked it is from people like me!

Nick Heil has just wrote a good book "Dark Summit" about it and Russel Brice.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online