this DOES concern you

iomrob
This post is 5972 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

you dont have to be into the "biker rally" scene for this to affect you. if you go to meets of any type, IT DOES affect you

some of you may know , some may not, but the Rock & Blues , and now the Welsh Motorcycle Show has been cancelled. the Welsh , due to Police objections, that were not raised with the authorities (Licensing or otherwise) but directly with the committee of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society.

now the Welsh is a show, not a rally, and more a family type event .

there are also plans in the pipe line to try and get the licences for other smaller motorcycle events revoked.

god knows where this will stop.

after seeing the violence in Manchester last night, are they going to stop all football matches , i think not. no pick on the minority biker/motorcyclist.

this is a copy of a post by a friend of mine that sums it up better than i could { i know its a bit long but if you enjoy motorcycling please bear with it.}

An open letter to all who care about riding their bike

The recent cancellation of the Welsh National Motorcycle Show by the committee of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Showground due to representations made by Dyfed Powys Police has not only saddened me, but has made me angry. Angry that my very way of life is facing it’s most dangerous threat ever, a threat that could end biking in this country for good. I cannot stand idly by and let this happen.

Dyfed Powys Police made representations to the committee regarding the ‘potential’ threat of violence at the show and that they could not guarantee public safety courtesy of the ongoing feud between certain Motorcycle Clubs. The organisers of the Welsh National Motorcycle Show were not invited to this meeting to refute Police Claims. They found out after the decision had been made with no chance to appeal the decision.

Both Dyfed Powys Police and the Royal Welsh Agricultural Showground committee know that the Welsh National Motorcycle Show is one of the most peaceful, well attended events in Wales. Many Bikers take their children to the event knowing their children will be in a safe environment. This is due to the reputation that the organisers of the show have worked extremely hard to maintain over the last 18 years, yet Dyfed Powys Police totally disregarded this in favour of indulging in what has now been seen in many quarters as a concerted Police campaign to close down every single bike related event in the UK.

THIS MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!

This is a violation of our civil liberties and our way of life faces its darkest hour. If we lose this fight, we lose everything. Our events, our meeting places, our clubs that we have enjoyed being members of since Biking began. Whether you a dyed in the wool Rally Biker like myself, or you just enjoy riding your bike on sunny Sundays to one of the many peaceful meeting places around the land. This affects YOU! It affects every last one of us and if we do not make a stand now, then we are lost, consigned to history as a group who did nothing when we were trampled underfoot.

I call upon M.A.G, the B.M.F, the N.A.B.D and every single bike club in the land to unite and stop this madness, to stand up as one and defend our way of life. Write to your MP, write to the Home Office, write to anyone you think will listen and make the Powers That Be aware that we will stand tall and fight. We have succeeded before when threatened with stupid safety measures that were designed to maim and kill, we can succeed again. But we need to start NOW.

you can leave it to someone else, have a "i cant make a difference" attitude, but when there is no where to go apart from a ride out on a sunday, then what will you think.

10 minutes to right a short letter to your MP is not a lot to ask to try and ensure that there will still be motorcycle events in this country for us and future motorcyclist to enjoy .

thanks for your time if you read all that

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

after seeing the violence in Manchester last night, are they going to stop all football matches , i think not. no pick on the minority biker/motorcyclist.

I witnessed the tension first hand walking through Salford from uni yesterday. I felt more intimidated and on my guard because of all the rowdy fans, walking through traffic and banging on car bonnets - some which had children in - than i ever have at a biker event.

An open letter to all who care about riding their bike

Dyfed Powys Police made representations to the committee regarding the ‘potential’ threat of violence at the show and that they could not guarantee public safety courtesy of the ongoing feud between certain Motorcycle Clubs.

I go to rallies to have fun. I do not want to become a sitting duck by attending one of the bigger rallies while this "feud" is sorted out. One thing i have learned in my years of biking is that you seriously do not fuck with these people.

Both Dyfed Powys Police and the Royal Welsh Agricultural Showground committee know that the Welsh National Motorcycle Show is one of the most peaceful, well attended events in Wales. Many Bikers take their children to the event knowing their children will be in a safe environment.

But due to recent events, i know i would not take my children - not until its all sorted out and things have died down.

This is due to the reputation that the organisers of the show have worked extremely hard to maintain over the last 18 years, yet Dyfed Powys Police totally disregarded this in favour of indulging in what has now been seen in many quarters as a concerted Police campaign to close down every single bike related event in the UK.

It does look that way.

This is a violation of our civil liberties and our way of life faces its darkest hour. If we lose this fight, we lose everything. Our events, our meeting places, our clubs that we have enjoyed being members of since Biking began. Whether you a dyed in the wool Rally Biker like myself, or you just enjoy riding your bike on sunny Sundays to one of the many peaceful meeting places around the land. This affects YOU! It affects every last one of us and if we do not make a stand now, then we are lost, consigned to history as a group who did nothing when we were trampled underfoot.

And if you come up with something that aint gonna make us look worse than we already do then please - share it.

I call upon M.A.G, the B.M.F, the N.A.B.D and every single bike club in the land to unite and stop this madness, to stand up as one and defend our way of life. Write to your MP, write to the Home Office, write to anyone you think will listen and make the Powers That Be aware that we will stand tall and fight. We have succeeded before when threatened with stupid safety measures that were designed to maim and kill, we can succeed again. But we need to start NOW.

you can leave it to someone else, have a "i cant make a difference" attitude, but when there is no where to go apart from a ride out on a sunday, then what will you think.

10 minutes to right a short letter to your MP is not a lot to ask to try and ensure that there will still be motorcycle events in this country for us and future motorcyclist to enjoy .

thanks for your time if you read all that

Rob

To be honest, i think this time next year it may have all died down.

BUT......

Here's a lit of cancelled rallies this year so far:

Welsh Motorcycle Show 23 - 26 May (Cancelled)

past it mcc 13th birthday party 31st May 2008 (Cancelled)

Stourbridge MCC’s Midsummer Bash 21st June (Cancelled)

Rock and blues 24th - 27th July 2008 (Cancelled)

http://www.rockandblues.uk.com/

Stourbridge MCC’s Woizel Rally 8th 9th 10th August (Cancelled)

Past It MCC's 10th Zimmer Frame Rally 22nd - 24th Augist 2008 (Cancelled)

Patriot Games Rock Festival 22nd - 24th August 2008 (Cancelled) http://www.patriotsmc.co.uk/Patriot%20Games%202008.htm

Great Yorkshire Bike Show

http://www.thegreatyorkshirebikeshow.co.uk/

Welsh National - cancelled

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online