First bike in 24 years

saintjon
This post is 5789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys / ladys

First post so sorry if it poorly presented.

I passed my test this week after a few weeks on off training. I had not riden a bike since i was 17 years old, must be the age because i had the sudden to get back on a bike.

3 weeks ago i sat the theory test (what was that hazard perception thing all about) Cbt & a few lessons later there i was with a pass certificate.

Next decision what bike? Did some research on various sites on recomendations for a good bike to start with after 24 years no riding. recieved some great advice from severa; people & came up with a shortlist of 3.

1/ Honda cbr600f

2/ Yamaha Fazer

3/ YZF 600 Thundercat.

Came across an immaculate 1997 thundercat with full history & 2 owners 13k on the clock.

Picked it up last night (bit nervous of it at first) have hardly been of it since, can not get the smile off my face. seems a good choice for a novice.

look forward to joining in with the chats & any advice warmly welcomed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good choice of bike, the cat is pretty bomb proof and can take a bit of stick as you progress. You will soon be asking "which tyres are best for trackdays" and the like, no doubt! B)

welcome to the forum

glad to see you are back on a bike :D

fazer is definatly worth having a look at! :lol:

im told the fazer is a good bike ,,,,,,, ive had a gsx 600 cbr 600 & a fzr 600 .

i like the look of the thundercat , im like you not been on the bikes for about 18 years or so .

good luck & take care ,,,,,,,,,,,,, still looking for the one i want---------i missed a fazer last month for 2 grand it had 8000 miles on the clock

:D Nice 1 m8, I did the same thing after 26 years without riding, got the 98 thundercat 5 week ago and I still have the silly grin on my face.

Enjoy

im told the fazer is a good bike ,,,,,,, ive had a gsx 600 cbr 600 & a fzr 600 .

i like the look of the thundercat , im like you not been on the bikes for about 18 years or so .

good luck & take care ,,,,,,,,,,,,, still looking for the one i want---------i missed a fazer last month for 2 grand it had 8000 miles on the clock

Have a look here

http://fazerowners.yuku.com/forums/10

there are a couple of Fazers for sale at the moment.

Fazer 600 is a good machine, Foxeye model uses the Thundercat engine.

Paul