which tyres for 03 plate R6??

03R6
This post is 5971 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have owned my 03 plate R6 for 10 months and all i have ever had on it are dunlop d208rr, These are a fantastic tyre super sticky and heat up very fast. While i was new to being a biker they were great, but now i am more confident i am having to replace them within approx 800 miles (every 2-3 months) :( . As i ride the bike every day (and fairly hard) this is getting very expensive, so i would like to ask if anyone can recommend a longer lasting tyre but not much sacrifice on handling..

Maybe a duel compound tyre..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have owned my 03 plate R6 for 10 months and all i have ever had on it are dunlop d208rr, These are a fantastic tyre super sticky and heat up very fast. While i was new to being a biker they were great, but now i am more confident i am having to replace them within approx 800 miles (every 2-3 months) :( . As i ride the bike every day (and fairly hard) this is getting very expensive, so i would like to ask if anyone can recommend a longer lasting tyre but not much sacrifice on handling..

Maybe a duel compound tyre..

I like pirelli for grip and handling but if you want longer life then michelin are a good choice.

I like pirelli for grip and handling but if you want longer life then michelin are a good choice.

I always used to use Pirelli Diablo's on my 04 R6, I use it eveeryday for commuting but it gets pushed hard accelerating away from lights all the time, also used for recreational use, (approx 15k miles a year). They were fantastic tyres and I'd get about 4500 - 5000m iles from a rear.

The time before last when I needed to change the tyres the shop didn't have the Diablos in so I tried Bridgestone BT014's ... never felt like they had any more grip and even with the slower winter riding they only lasted 2600 miles.

I've just put a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso's on it and so far so good, plenty of grip, triple compound rear so it should last quite a while. I've changed the front to a 70 instead of 60 series (checked it's ok with insurance first) but I thik I'll go back to 60 next time.

I've just put a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso's on it and so far so good, plenty of grip, triple compound rear so it should last quite a while.

I think i will look into pirelli, the triple compound rear sounds quite good..