trouble rebuilding master cyl on xs 400

jeb
This post is 5893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm trying to rebuild the front MC on my 78 XS 400 and cannot get it to bleed. What am I missing? I rebuilt the caliper. I claned the MC bore. Installed the rebuild kit as the old parts came out, and can't get it to bleed. After 4 hours of dickering with I am to ready to throw this bike in the dumpster. I since pulled the banjo bolt off the MC, and can't get fluid out even there. I even tried a vacum bleeder and nothing. Any help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm trying to rebuild the front MC on my 78 XS 400 and cannot get it to bleed. What am I missing? I rebuilt the caliper. I claned the MC bore. Installed the rebuild kit as the old parts came out, and can't get it to bleed. After 4 hours of dickering with I am to ready to throw this bike in the dumpster. I since pulled the banjo bolt off the MC, and can't get fluid out even there. I even tried a vacum bleeder and nothing. Any help?

did you make sure you cleaned out the return hole from inside the resevior? this prevents a vaccuum so the fluid can flow.

its really tiny and hard to see.

another trick is to bind your brake lever to the handle bars overnight to let the fluid enter the seals.