Not too impressed

TazR6
This post is 5993 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got back from Matlock. Had an adrenaline fueled ride there and back. It was an awesome ride in both directions, and Matlock itself was extra busy (spolied a bit by LOADS of Harleys), but the trip up there was marred.

As I got on to the A610, at about (the speed I was going) I felt something hit my back, then I caught a glimpse of something flying through the air. I pulled over, and found that my single seat unit had blown off! I couldnt see it anywhere. So, after a 1/4 mile walk down the bypass, I walked back up the central reservation, and I found it lying at the edge of the outer lane on the opposite carriageway! Its not looking very healthy anymore, but not as bad as i thought it would be. Its a damn good job Im getting it resprayed.

I had got some stuff out from under it before setting off, so I obviously failed to make sure it was on properly. It obviously wasnt.

Lesson learned there!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Matlock - i avoid it like the plague on a weekend. Too many power rangers trying to ram their sports bikes up my exhaust and undertaking on the bends :huh:<_<

I quite like my life and don't want to lose it to some numpty rider trying to break the world land speed record....

Anywhoooo - glad you found your seat unit - that'll teach ya lol - similar thing happened to me thoguh a couple of years back when i was on my CBR400 -the middle fairing flew off and smashed into a million bits on the opposite carriageway - i hadn't fastened it on properly after giving the bike a good clean - was an expensive lesson - but easy done so don't worry too much about it - its the simple things we forget that are often the most expensive ;)

I felt something hit my back, then I caught a glimpse of something flying through the air.
(Was going to make the obvious comment, but thought better of it ;) )

:blink: Same thing Happened to me on my R1, on the way home from the dealership :o They supplied me with a new one FOC, as they had put it on for me. B)

You have to give it a good push and listen for the accompanying "click" to make sure its home

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online