just like to say hi

andrew john
This post is 5992 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, just found you after searching for answer to a problem i have.

nice looking site you got here, will take a look around it when i have more time

problem is this, i had meta alarm that packed in, took it off the bike, XJR1300, then had various wires all same colour left, couldn'e get bike to fire up at all no matter what the combination of wires were connected.

decided to change the loom and now i still don't have a spark....would the coils be causing this? if so, what would have caused them to go? would it be coincidence to go same time as alarm?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi mate , welcome.

sounds like you have a wiring or ignition problem, cant see both coils going at once, more likely to be in the ignition system else where. best advice i think would be see an auto electrician.................unless we have one on here {dont know if we have as im new also}

just a thought, have to got the wires {think there are 2 to each coil} on the right way round.

had 2 XJR's great bikes took them all round europe, never missed a beat once, apart from burning new oil off quickly with the heat.

hi mate , welcome.

sounds like you have a wiring or ignition problem, cant see both coils going at once, more likely to be in the ignition system else where. best advice i think would be see an auto electrician.................unless we have one on here {dont know if we have as im new also}

just a thought, have to got the wires {think there are 2 to each coil} on the right way round.

had 2 XJR's great bikes took them all round europe, never missed a beat once, apart from burning new oil off quickly with the heat.

H Rob....thanks for prompt reply, the connectors only seem to go on the coils 1 way, it's doing my bloody head in i can tell you, had it 6 years from new and never missed a beat til the bloody alarm problem, love the bike to bits and don't want to change it, well not yet anyway.

my cousin runs a pub on the island, i will find out which one and where

any chance {although you might have tried} you have the wires on the wrong coils. just an easy idea.

i know that some time we miss the easiest things and start getting into the technical stuff , but have missed a simple thing.

also not plugging another forum{ sorry Mr Admin } but there is an XJR owners forum and most of them were from the UK, although i have not looked at it for a long time.

yeah, let me know which pub it is, as a good Scotsman i might be able to blag a free drink from him :lol:

Where you from Andrew?

Swansea.......

right....got spark now, :D bridged the clutch switch and she fired up :D put her in gear and she died :( bridged the side stand switch and still the same :? also when i connect the wires to clutch switch when its off the bars and i press the switch it dies :( :?

anyone know what i can try next? it is so frustrating having her running but not able to go anywhere and the weather is fab :(

Hi guys, just found you after searching for answer to a problem i have.

nice looking site you got here, will take a look around it when i have more time

problem is this, i had meta alarm that packed in, took it off the bike, XJR1300, then had various wires all same colour left, couldn'e get bike to fire up at all no matter what the combination of wires were connected.

decided to change the loom and now i still don't have a spark....would the coils be causing this? if so, what would have caused them to go? would it be coincidence to go same time as alarm?

probably the immobiliser, a known fault with them meta systems, try asking on

www.ukyamahariders.com or www.superbike.co.uk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online