FZR clutch problems :-S

seeemule
This post is 5977 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys! First time Iv posted here, its a wicked site! :D

Anyway got a problem wandering if any of you could please help me.,... my fzr600 89' has a slipping clutch. Now I changed the clutch plates about a thousand or so miles ago so its pretty annoying! Iv checked the clutch pin adjuster thingy and that is at a good setting. Another symptom is (usually more so when in hot weather) when engine gets hot and I hold the clutch in for more than a few seconds, the free play in the lever increases loads and when the lever is fully pulled in the clutch does not disengage fully. It was so bad the other day I had to turn the engine off to put it into neutral! :blink:

Before I cry lots, does anyone have any idea whats wrong.....clutch plate springs maybe?? or is it actually the lever mechanism spring?

Thanks loads in advance guys! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys! First time Iv posted here, its a wicked site! :D

Anyway got a problem wandering if any of you could please help me.,... my fzr600 89' has a slipping clutch. Now I changed the clutch plates about a thousand or so miles ago so its pretty annoying! Iv checked the clutch pin adjuster thingy and that is at a good setting. Another symptom is (usually more so when in hot weather) when engine gets hot and I hold the clutch in for more than a few seconds, the free play in the lever increases loads and when the lever is fully pulled in the clutch does not disengage fully. It was so bad the other day I had to turn the engine off to put it into neutral! :blink:

Before I cry lots, does anyone have any idea whats wrong.....clutch plate springs maybe?? or is it actually the lever mechanism spring?

Thanks loads in advance guys! :D

mine is like that as well im going to change the cable as mine is fully ajusted if this work i let u no.but mine dont slip just a bitch to get in to neutral ,, u could try stiffer springs and a extra still plate in there i read this in a mag once .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online