Divvy driveshaft bearing

fosdyke
This post is 5975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Just a post hoping that one of you guys (or girls) can give me any tips -

I have to dismantle my friends 600 Divvy to replace a bearing - I think it is the driveshaft bearing - but he is going to check with the garage that did the service) - Are there any tips or useful pieces of advice on doing the job? The Haynes manual is a bit rubbish - not one decent 'explosion' diagram on the engine!

Wish me luck.......

:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

..........................OK update to the Divvy problem.

Decided it was easier to fit new engine - so duly picked one up and started to take the old one out........nearly there only the rear engine mount bolt to remove.........4 hours later and it still wont budge - I've tried every tool in my arsenal, mullered both ends, and I can't get it to do anything.

Any of you guys got any ideas coz I'm clean out of them at the moment!

:angry:

..........................OK update to the Divvy problem.

Decided it was easier to fit new engine - so duly picked one up and started to take the old one out........nearly there only the rear engine mount bolt to remove.........4 hours later and it still wont budge - I've tried every tool in my arsenal, mullered both ends, and I can't get it to do anything.

Any of you guys got any ideas coz I'm clean out of them at the moment!

:angry:

Thanks, done all that but the bolt is too long and only got about 1" in. Any other ideas?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online