XJ600 Tyres

lmellor
This post is 5974 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I live in the UK, my bike (a 98 xj600 divvy) is in requirement of new tyres and I'm a little stuck as to what tyres to get fitted to the bike.

I do a serious amount of miles as the bike is my only transport, these miles are done in all weather conditions and I am wanting to make sure that I have optimum grip no matter what the weather throws at me. My previous tyres were dunlops (not sure what model), these were replaced by my local repair shop with some really nasty HEIDENAU tyres which to be honest provide about as much grip as you'd expect from a highly waxed sledge (very little).

A friend recommended Pirelli Demons, I'm a tad concerned that I simply won't get the required mileage out of them as they sound a REALLY soft compound, just interested to hear what tyres others have used and how well they've performed.

Thanks in advance, this is my first post and I'm no expert on these things (though I'm learning fast).

Luke.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I dont have a divi but I am currently running Conti Road attacks and find them excellent.

Adam.

Thanks for that advice dude, nice to get a reply. I shall bare that in mind, the Pirelli's seem a little too soft, with the mileage I do I'd get through them in a matter of months! Guess they're good for the track or the fair weather rider though, personally I don't believe in fair weather riding :P

Thanks for that advice dude, nice to get a reply. I shall bare that in mind, the Pirelli's seem a little too soft, with the mileage I do I'd get through them in a matter of months! Guess they're good for the track or the fair weather rider though, personally I don't believe in fair weather riding :P

hi there mate i used to have a divi some yrs back mine was a 98 wi twin front disks naked model and the best tire i found was bridgstone BT45 great wet or dry and grippy from cold

hope that helps

hi there mate i used to have a divi some yrs back mine was a 98 wi twin front disks naked model and the best tire i found was bridgstone BT45 great wet or dry and grippy from cold

hope that helps

I've been and priced them up, £175 fitted for the pair, gonna see if I can get any better prices, there's alot of competition around here for tyre prices. Thanks for the advice, I was at my wit's end. In all honesty, this bike has given me so much grief over the past couple of years that I'm considering moving over to a Z1000, my previous bike was a Yamaha and it had all the same quirks (no fuel gauge for a start).

Sorry, random rant there, gotta find something to keep my mind off of my mundane job!

Thanks guys!

I've been and priced them up, £175 fitted for the pair, gonna see if I can get any better prices, there's alot of competition around here for tyre prices. Thanks for the advice, I was at my wit's end. In all honesty, this bike has given me so much grief over the past couple of years that I'm considering moving over to a Z1000, my previous bike was a Yamaha and it had all the same quirks (no fuel gauge for a start).

Sorry, random rant there, gotta find something to keep my mind off of my mundane job!

Thanks guys!

I had a divy years ago bought it new in 97, the original tyres(dunlop) were shit grip wise but lasted forever( I got over 8000miles and still had lots on them when I got rid of them), peronally I would go with pirelli, not so good wear for high mileage but I think grip is more important.

Hiya,

Little late to add to the post, but if it helps I run my 2002 600XJ Divvy on Bridgestone BT45s, they seem fine to me havving no real dramas on them. Not sure over the durability has I haven't got that point on them...yet..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online