May Day blast

This post is 5988 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm based in Hastings but, having spent an hour trying to ride to the seafront where the May Day festivities were going on, I took the TDM across to Kent for what turned out to be a looooooooong old ride. There didn't seem to be anything particular going on on Hastings seafront, other than the annual Jack in the Green Morris men lookalike festival. As far as bike-related stuff was concerned, Hastings just turned into one huge bike park/police traffic control nightmare. Unless anyone knows differently, of course.

So it was that we rode the coastal road to Dungeness for lunch by the beach, followed by a trundle up to Canterbury via Folkestone & Dover for coffee in the city centre. The weather remained at about 23 degrees with ne'er a hint of cloud. Taking the route we did also meant that we were riding in the opposite direction to pretty well every other bike we saw. Outside the urban areas, the roads wer mostly empty, winding and fantastic. The TDM is now up to the 600 mile first service point, so I'll want to get that sorted before I ride to Brands on Saturday.

Happy days.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online