XS360 clutch problem

doccerny
This post is 5982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I have a 1978 yamaha xs 360 motor that I have installed in a 6 wheeler.It seemed to work before , but has set for a few months.The 6 wheeler transmission is so low geared I couldnt really tell if the clutch was working right before or if it might have been slipping. My problem is Im not getting any movement out of the clutch push rod. I can pull it out some ,I didnt pull it out all the way. But I pushed it in till it stops and thats it, no spring travel that I can feel. Does anyone have an opionion on what it might be. How exactly does this push rod suppose to function.. ect..... Thanks Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I have a 1978 yamaha xs 360 motor that I have installed in a 6 wheeler.It seemed to work before , but has set for a few months.The 6 wheeler transmission is so low geared I couldnt really tell if the clutch was working right before or if it might have been slipping. My problem is Im not getting any movement out of the clutch push rod. I can pull it out some ,I didnt pull it out all the way. But I pushed it in till it stops and thats it, no spring travel that I can feel. Does anyone have an opionion on what it might be. How exactly does this push rod suppose to function.. ect..... Thanks Mike

the plates would have rusted on, so will need freeing, they normally sit in a oil bath and prevent this

the plates would have rusted on, so will need freeing, they normally sit in a oil bath and prevent this

Hmm. that is what I was thinkig, that maybe over the course of a couple months they froze up, but the motor is full of oil and the oil looks great. Thanks Mike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online