HELP

westie
This post is 7105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

What exactly is wrong with the exhaust, as to pass a mot, it just must not leak and must have an eu stamp. So bodge job repair can be done 8)

:hi Welcome mate by the way

• Admin

Get some exhaust putty around it and all should be sweet 8)

yea, halfords do some good putty, works a treat, i had to cover up 17 little holes to get mine past mot :shock: but the exhaust was shod, it had already snapped compltly towards silencer, rewelded, and the front was so rusted there were loads and loads of little holes which were blowing :S. got though witht he putty tho :D

• Admin

Hmm, i know you dont have to have one, but i think its the usual if you have it it has to work

either what alex said or the mot testers descrestion some testers let silly things like that go and some are right buggers

the top end is reasonably easy to work on, at least no harder than any other 4cyl 8v head, a specific tool is needed to allow you to remove the shims with out stripping the cams out which was around £20 last time I looked.

If you remove the cam cover on these engines I would recommend using silicone to reseal the rubber gasket ( Yamaha recommend using one of the yammabond products ) or else it'll leak oil for a past time.

the engine is the same as an fz600 so if your looking for something other than motad I believe micron do a full system which should fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...