Intro - 1972 RT 360 resto

Arctic Fire
This post is 5903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all! I am new to this site, jsut dug it up while looking for info. I am the proud owner of what I beleive is a '72 Yamaha 360 single cylinder (rt3?). I don't know much about the bike, here's the deal.

It was my Dad's bike, he rode it for 4 years or so, and then put it into storage. I've grown up tinkering with it, cleaning it to all ends, but never dove into the mechanicals. While, she runs, but the oil just pours right out of her. Bad seals? I bought some gaskets that I believe are correct and I am going to try to get her up and running again.

If there are any other 360 owners out there, give me a shout, so I can leech off your knowledge! I will post pictures in a week or so, once I am home from the arctic :) :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and welcome to our forum. If your 360 is a 1972 then it is a RT2. The 1973 model would be a RT3. I don't remember too much about them, but I had a new one in 1973. If it is leaking badly, you are right to suspect the seals. Clean up the area around the shift seal, kick start seal, and the countershaft seal and monitor them closely for leaks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online