Stebel Air Horn

Airhead
This post is 5954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you have a link to the one you got? There are a couple of models. Im thinking about one for mine too.

How loud is loud? 50% louder than standard? 100%? 200%?

Do they sound like proper air horns?

Do you have a link to the one you got? There are a couple of models. Im thinking about one for mine too.

How loud is loud? 50% louder than standard? 100%? 200%?

Do they sound like proper air horns?

You have to think twice before pressing that button, I would say its at least twice as loud, its a twin air horn and it sounds awesome, Says on the box 139dB@4in 115dB@2m

Ive fitted it on my suzuki bandit though, theres just about room under the fairing, cant speak for how they would fit other bikes so check before you buy, I got mine from a car accessory shop, better than mail order if you cant find a place to fit it!

Pictures shown with right side fairing removed

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ive a set on my XJ looooovely noise, motorway mobile phone junkies get the message.........It usually entails them throwing the phone over the head or dropping it....

They work for me....hehehehe, you can still hear them when doing 140.....lol "Sorry guv me speedos broke"

I noticed you mounted the horn horizontally - how has that worked for you? The instructions say the horn must be mounted vertically, so I wondered if you have had any problems with the horn as you've mounted it.

Has anyone mounted the Stebel on the V-Star 1300? I bought one for my 1300 but I haven't found a good spot to mount it.

Cheers.

I noticed you mounted the horn horizontally - how has that worked for you? The instructions say the horn must be mounted vertically, so I wondered if you have had any problems with the horn as you've mounted it.

Has anyone mounted the Stebel on the V-Star 1300? I bought one for my 1300 but I haven't found a good spot to mount it.

Cheers.

Not quite sure what you mean, The only thing is, you must not have the horn outlets at the top, if they are they might fill up with water..Works fine

Not quite sure what you mean, The only thing is, you must not have the horn outlets at the top, if they are they might fill up with water..Works fine

This is what the installation instructions say:

this horn should be mounted so that the cylinder is vertical (with the horn facing down). There should be no more than a 15 degree variance from the vertical position. If it is not mounted per these specifications, then the horn may cease to function after a period of time.

instructions found here http://www.bikerhiway.com/installinfo/Stebel/stebelhorn.pdf.

If you aren't having any problems then that opens up more possibilities for where I can install the horn. Thanks.

This is what the installation instructions say:

this horn should be mounted so that the cylinder is vertical (with the horn facing down). There should be no more than a 15 degree variance from the vertical position. If it is not mounted per these specifications, then the horn may cease to function after a period of time.

instructions found here http://www.bikerhiway.com/installinfo/Stebel/stebelhorn.pdf.

If you aren't having any problems then that opens up more possibilities for where I can install the horn. Thanks.

Hmmm you need to be careful here Elliot, you may not have noticed that your model is a compact version and not quite the same as mine. Mounting it as they say leaves the horn outlets at the bottom, where as i can do this by mounting both vertically or horizontally, have another look at my pic, you will see the difference. If you can guarantee no water getting in, you may be able to mount like mine, it certainly works ok, I suggest you try to contact the makers to let them know your dilemma, they might confirm its just a water issue.

Hmmm you need to be careful here Elliot, you may not have noticed that your model is a compact version and not quite the same as mine. Mounting it as they say leaves the horn outlets at the bottom, where as i can do this by mounting both vertically or horizontally, have another look at my pic, you will see the difference. If you can guarantee no water getting in, you may be able to mount like mine, it certainly works ok, I suggest you try to contact the makers to let them know your dilemma, they might confirm its just a water issue.

Thanks! I didn't notice your horn was a different model.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online