Fuel mileage on V-Star 1300 "07"

Guest Desmo1264
This post is 5986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Desmo1264

Just wondering how people have been doing on fuel mileage on the 1300 V-Star's??? My light comes on at about 125 to 130 miles. How have others done and has anyone ever run out of fuel after light came on??? Thanks for all your time. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Riding in town, I get about the same. I have gotten over 185 miles before the light came on, but I was riding with a dozen other riders on I-75. I think I was getting a good draft. I ran the bike once until the reserve ran out. (running out of gas on a FI motor is a BAD idea.) I was able to put her in neutral and coast into a station just as it started to sputter. I got about 37 miles on the reserve and the total fill up was 3.71 gallons. The other 1.18 gallons is lost due to the countersunk fuel cap. It leaves a lot of empty space you can't fill up. I'm tempted to switch it out with a top-mounted cap. Hope this helps.