Bike still wont idle

Warper4evr
This post is 5987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have posted this before i have a 95 yzf 600 that i bought and it would not idle you can pull the choke and it will idle i have replace the joints under the carbs because they were all dry rotted and cracked and that didnt help so i cleaned the carbs really good with cleaner and wire to clean the jets and used a air compresser and that didnt work i got the book and i saw that the pilot screws were out 2 1/2 turns so i put them at the correct 2 turns out and that didnt help i adjusted the throttle stop screw and got it to idle at 2 1/2 rpm it will do that for about 10 seconds and then die and also when i barly turn the throttle it bogs down and when i turn a little more it comes right up. i replaced the spark plugs i am also getting the fuel sender self diagnosis i had to replace the plug for it. i am was wondering if the fuel sender means the same as the fuel pump which the fuel pump it good and so are the wires so i cant figure out why it is giving my the reading and i stuck and dont know where to go from here any help would be nice

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

float heights? are the plugs wet or dry after trying to run bike?does your bike have throttle position sensor?

float heights? are the plugs wet or dry after trying to run bike?does your bike have throttle position sensor?

i took the plugs the plugs out after running the bike and they were dry. the float heights look good but i could check the fuel level in the bowls the guy said they are new carbs. i dont think there is a tp sensor

ok, next thing if plugs are dry after bike dies see if any fuel in the float bowls .. undo the screws at base of bowl. if dry here then you have fuel tap fault /blockage,,does the fuel pump prime when you switch on the ignition?can you hear it at all while bike is running? if you put hand on it while bike running you should feel it pulse, sounds to me like the pilot jets or emulsion tubes are blocked not allowing fuel through at tick over and initial throttle openings, choke will by pass this,, hence it runs

i checked the fuel in the float bowls and there was fuel. yes the fuel pump primes when i turn on the ignition i cant really tell if it is working when the bike is running but i think the pump is good. i cleaned out the pilot jets really good and they are not blocked what exactly are the emulsion tubes i looked in my book and it does not say anything about them and also should i still check the fuel tap. i will clean the emulsion if you think that will help. would any of this stuff make the fuel sender self diagnosis itself because i cannot fiqure that out.

Also i just noticed that the fuel sender diagnosis does not come on until i start to rev it up. when i start it up and pull the choke to get it to idle it does not come on until i rev it up. so i dont know what that means but maybe it will mean something to you.

emulsion tube is in same area as jets, its normally about an inch long tube with tiny holes drilled into it from the sides and a small hole through the centre, if these are blocked then it will not suck up fuel like a straw,,

emulsion tube is in same area as jets, its normally about an inch long tube with tiny holes drilled into it from the sides and a small hole through the centre, if these are blocked then it will not suck up fuel like a straw,,

i dont see any tube in my carbs. and their is nothing in my book on the carbs called emulsion maybe on my bike it is called the jet needle. i cleaned all the jets in the float bowls. i was thinking of running a whole tank of gas through it with some carb cleaner in it and see if it cleans out the carb

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online