YZF thundercat seat conversions

AlexYZFThundercat
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

alrite people, what do you reckon to a seat conversion on a thundercat. i starting to dislike the double moulded seat as comfortable as it is and are now carrying less pilion. i'm not sure atm as the front is still quite round and bulbous and a sharp rear end mite look funny? what yous think and anyrecomondations as to where to get some will be appreciated. thanks, alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As I recal ther are at least three companies who offered a pillion cover for the thundercat.

Skidmarx do a plain white one at about £65, and used to list each model year`s official colours at £95

Powerbronze and pyramid plastics also still list the `Cat, and thay are all slightly different shapes, so you have the choice of which you think is better looking.

Try Ebay and the like for a 2nd hand cover, it Doesn`t cost a lot to paint it to suit. I did the same on a CBR600FT, and although not as good as an original stepped seat design, still looked a lot better than the standard park bench!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2001 cat with a seat pod fitted and sprayed to match, I think it looks good if you add a email i can send some pics to you showing it fitted :D

I have a 2001 cat with a seat pod fitted and sprayed to match, I think it looks good if you add a email i can send some pics to you showing it fitted :D

Show us all :D

Show us all :D

am total idiot with PC's tryed adding pics to other post but could not work it out, kept asking for a web address, do tell how to add in a post

i was thinkin of doin that, but would hav to get rid of the pillion grippers leving big holes which would have to be filed down and fiberglassed over. missions!!! found a unpaited track seat that looks sweet as on demon tweeks (trusty old demon tweeks) for £120. but the missus wouldn't be happy not being able to come on the back anymore.

mine is from skid marx at £60 and just a couple of brackets put on the pod and it clips on 2 mins to take off for a pillion to use, can send a pic if you want so you can see up close

• 5 months later...

I think mine is a Powerbronze, it's secured by 2 colour coded bolts and does not fowl the grab rails.

Not great pics, but here's a couple:

TCat1.jpg

HouseHudson008.jpg

CAT1.jpg

Busters used to sell them, but don't list them on their webshop any more, give them a call otherwise guess Ebay would be your best bet if this is the way you want to go. I think they look heaps better than the double seat.