YAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!

flash1259
This post is 5903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I gotan 82 xs400j from a friend in a trade, he got my 87 bronco ( not running) about 8 months ago. iyts been sitting in his garage for about 8 years or more.

this past 3 months i have cleaned the carbs got a new stator, new brushes, new spark plugs and tested the coils I painted the tank and the front fender with great success, i also tested the starter circuit cutout (sccr)relay and the side stand relay finding the sccr was bad. the sidestand worked as it should. after 8 months of no spark i decided last week toput the side stand relay in the plug for the sccr and bingo bango it has spark but will not start. I got a sccr off ebay for 9 dollars and put it in the side stand relay plug and lo an behold the dam thing started like it has been running the whole time.

Thinks to do :

1. Paint the side covers , trunk, and rear fender. DONE !

2. Get seat recovered ( took to the shop yesterday) $110.00us DONE ! Looks Great !!!

3. New cables < choke, throttle, clutch, and brakes No new Cables needed , but will change them out in the fall

4. New Chain

5. new brake pads and shoes , resurface rotor and drum. <===== Doing this in the morning

6. new 7" headlight assy. w/ spotlight bar. ( I hate the insect looking fairing. so out it goes)

7. clean and polish engine & body parts DONE!

8. oh crap i forgot the most Important item A NEW HELMET. DONE!

9. center stand

may take 1 more month to get done.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.