Fs1e wiring Help!!

sarah
This post is 5912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I've just joined and am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the later Fs1e. Mine is F reg 1988. I have an earlier Haynes manual and it doesn't have the wiring codes for the indicator warning light etc. Please can anyone help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I've just joined and am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the later Fs1e. Mine is F reg 1988. I have an earlier Haynes manual and it doesn't have the wiring codes for the indicator warning light etc. Please can anyone help.

I am restoring my FS1E-DX, I have had since 1979, (R reg) and have found Ebay to be a mine field for parts thanks to the newer models.

So assuming the original wiring diagram in the Haynes manual would be for the earlier Fizzy's You should invest in a multi-meter (can be bought for a Fiver) and with indicators running, test any spare/loose wires for a similar intermitant contact.

Have you asked the question on the FS1E home page? http://www.fs1e.co.uk/

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have the indicators working that was easy to fix, but I suppose I'm trying to take a shortcut hoping that someone has a diagram as I don't really want to pull the unit apart to sort out whhich wires are connected to the warning light. At the moment whoever wired it previously has wired the neutral light to show when you are in neutral AND when the indicators are flashing. So I've come to the conclusion that maybe they were using an older manual Iknow the manual was reprinted several times over the lifespan of the Fs1e. Many thanks for your help. I will as you suggest put a post on the home page. I hope your restoration goes well... The one I have is fairly tidy but I think that it should be blue not red as it is at the moment and I've yet to find a source for the Decals(either that or a bit of artistic flair)

Regards Sarah

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online