Snapped my XT125X Front Brake Lever Alread

Rainy
This post is 5993 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:(

I am feeling like a right numpty at the mo! Just dropped my XT125X and landed in a heap on the floor. Thankfully nothing more than a broken brake lever!!

Can anyone tell me where to get one from? I don't want to go to Yamaha as i think they may rip me off!

Also thinking of getting some front and rear crash bobbins and some hand guards (now my grip is ripped)

Where can I get some from that'll fit ??

Any suggestions?

It's a 2008 model.

Lorraine x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't broke any of the levers yet on my DT just bent the front brake a bit :). You should try Ebay and see if you can get some cheap there, http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...=C3&from=R2.

I've thought the same about my local Yam dealer that they were just a bunch of rip off merchants but so far parts and oil have been cheaper from there than the internet. As for 2nd hand bikes and servicing i wouldn't go near them, i phoned them last week to ask how much a basic service was going to cost and they quoted me from 160 to 200 pounds lol.

:(

I am feeling like a right numpty at the mo! Just dropped my XT125X and landed in a heap on the floor. Thankfully nothing more than a broken brake lever!!

Can anyone tell me where to get one from? I don't want to go to Yamaha as i think they may rip me off!

Also thinking of getting some front and rear crash bobbins and some hand guards (now my grip is ripped)

Where can I get some from that'll fit ??

Any suggestions?

It's a 2008 model.

Lorraine x

Cost for shipping would probably not make it worthwhile but I can generally get parts for 20% off retail. Surely there is a dealer there that wouldn't be too terrible. Don't know if they are the same but retail for the levers for an xt250x are a little over $20 for the pair new from yamaha.

Sean

Thanks for all your advise, ordered one from Yamaha, £22 plus vat.

Hopefully this one will last, hubby wants me to get some Acerbis Handguards, ja reckon these would cope with a 'drop' ?

Anyone bought any, good buy ???

Cheers,

Rainy.

Yes they would stop the levers breaking my brother has them on his KTM and there solid. There are three different types from Acerbis you want the wrap around kind but you don't need the set with the metal bar in them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online