K&N AIR FILLTER

This post is 5973 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

IF I PUT A K&N ON MY BIKE WHAT WOLUD IT DO I HAVE A DEP AND RE JETTED IT

WILL IT MAKE IT FARSTER MPH

OR FARSTER OF THE LINE?

THANS ALL :D

hi paul , iv put k&n s on a few vehicles . and didna notice mutch diff. they claim this&that . but i thnk its a

PLACCEBO [ IN THE MIND] effect . anybody got any benifits ? any way be cool enjoy the forum . ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn't recommend it to be honest. Your best shot would be to remove the snorkel from the stock airbox which allows more air flow but not so much that it melts the piston.

Agreed,a guy on another forum fitted a k and n filter to his dt and 3 weeks later his bike was fooked,ive heard that if you do the snorkel mod with the dep exahust system too you will defo have to rejet up to a 260 main jet.

Agreed,a guy on another forum fitted a k and n filter to his dt and 3 weeks later his bike was fooked,ive heard that if you do the snorkel mod with the dep exahust system too you will defo have to rejet up to a 260 main jet.

Correct. When I did this I actually drilled another six holes in the side fo the airbox which semed to help with initial throttle response. The jetting will be different for the different models so you'll need to take out your main jet and note the size so you can jet the carb accordingly. As a general rule, I go up two sizes which on my bike would have made it a 260.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online