06 R6 TICKING BELOW 4000 RPM

Guest R6 DYS
This post is 5979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest R6 DYS

HI ALL HOPE ANYONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME!

I HAVE THE FIRST OF THE NEW SHAPE R6, THE BIKE IS STUNNING IN ALL DEPARTMENTS BUT I HAVE NOTICED WHEN DECELERATING OR SLOWING DOWN IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT GEAR I AM IN WHEN GETTING NEAR AND BELOW 4000RPM IT SOUNDS LIKE A TICKING IS HAPPENEING AND I HAVE NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE, I HAVE HAD THE BIKE FROM NEW, NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW AND COVERED AROUND 2000 MILES YOU CAN SEE BY THE MILES THAT THIS IS A DRY WEEKEND TOY AND DOES GET A BIT OF ABUSE WHEN I RIDE THE THING BUT NOTHING TOO DRASTIC!

HAS ANYONE HAD SAME PROBLEM OR IS THIS NOT A PROBLEM IS THIS NORMAL?

PS THE TICKING ONLY STARTS FROM 4000RPM AND BELOW AT 5000RPM NO TICKING WHATSOEVER I HAVE EVEN JUST REVED AT SIDE OF BIKE AND THE SAME HAPPENS WHEN YOU HOLD THE REVS OUT ITS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET BELOW 4000 RPM THEN THE TICKING IS HEARD AND IT DOESNT TICK AT IDLE (WEIRD HEY!)

PLEASE HELP

KIND REGARDS R6DYS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI ALL HOPE ANYONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME!

I HAVE THE FIRST OF THE NEW SHAPE R6, THE BIKE IS STUNNING IN ALL DEPARTMENTS BUT I HAVE NOTICED WHEN DECELERATING OR SLOWING DOWN IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT GEAR I AM IN WHEN GETTING NEAR AND BELOW 4000RPM IT SOUNDS LIKE A TICKING IS HAPPENEING AND I HAVE NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE, I HAVE HAD THE BIKE FROM NEW, NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW AND COVERED AROUND 2000 MILES YOU CAN SEE BY THE MILES THAT THIS IS A DRY WEEKEND TOY AND DOES GET A BIT OF ABUSE WHEN I RIDE THE THING BUT NOTHING TOO DRASTIC!

HAS ANYONE HAD SAME PROBLEM OR IS THIS NOT A PROBLEM IS THIS NORMAL?

PS THE TICKING ONLY STARTS FROM 4000RPM AND BELOW AT 5000RPM NO TICKING WHATSOEVER I HAVE EVEN JUST REVED AT SIDE OF BIKE AND THE SAME HAPPENS WHEN YOU HOLD THE REVS OUT ITS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET BELOW 4000 RPM THEN THE TICKING IS HEARD AND IT DOESNT TICK AT IDLE (WEIRD HEY!)

PLEASE HELP

KIND REGARDS R6DYS

As with all newer engines, they are made of lighter materials, and sound hollower, the ticking could be the fact that its starting to wear in, my 03 Yam 900 started making the same sound, checked everything out, cam chain adjuster etc.. ( at 55000 miles ) Its worth just bobbing in to your MOT place and getting a mechanic to listen, if you know them well they`ll do that for nothing. Let us know how you get on.

Guest R6 DYS

As with all newer engines, they are made of lighter materials, and sound hollower, the ticking could be the fact that its starting to wear in, my 03 Yam 900 started making the same sound, checked everything out, cam chain adjuster etc.. ( at 55000 miles ) Its worth just bobbing in to your MOT place and getting a mechanic to listen, if you know them well they`ll do that for nothing. Let us know how you get on.

THANKS MATE

I WILL NIP IT IN I THINK ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY BUT THE THING GOES WELL IT DOESNT MISS A BEAT NO SMOKE OR OWT ITS GOT A YOSHI CAN ON BUT ITS ONLY A SLIP ON BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WAS OWT SERIOUS OR JUST ME BEING OVER PARANOID

THANKS AGAIN

R6DYS

sounds like tiny bit of cam chain rattle to me, you can hear these bikes have a faint ticking noise at low revs this is the injectors firing.

Guest R6 DYS

sounds like tiny bit of cam chain rattle to me, you can hear these bikes have a faint ticking noise at low revs this is the injectors firing.

HI THANKS FOR THE REPLY, IS THIS NOTHING THAT YOU WOULD WORRY ABOUT IF THEY HAVE A FAINT TICK FROM THE INJECTORS THATS PROBABLY WHAT IT IS, BUT IF ITS THE CAM CHAIN SHOULD THAT NEED SORTING INCASE IT KNOCKS THE TIMING OUT

THANKS AGAIN R6DYS

if it is just injectores then thats cool, if cam chain then its no real issue unless it becomes really loud, then you should get tensoiner , they are very unliely to jump teeth and knock timimg out,

Guest R6 DYS

if it is just injectores then thats cool, if cam chain then its no real issue unless it becomes really loud, then you should get tensoiner , they are very unliely to jump teeth and knock timimg out,

many thanks my man !

• 2 weeks later...

many thanks my man !

i have a 56 R6r with 3000 miles on it, at steady 5500 revs mine used to make a sort of tickin/ vibey noise anything above it went, anything below it went, it must have just been the perfect resonance,

anyways long story short i found the brake pads rocking in the caliper, not worn or anything, but rocking in the same direction as the wheel spin, freaky, braking was fine ect, and no warping on the discs,

had it replace by yam under warranty, but 200 miles later same again so now had the retaining pins, spring everything in the caliper thats not the caliper, replaced, seems okay this week, although i cracked and ordered an 08 while i was there :) so wont be doing anymore testing on this,

worth a quick feel anyways, if it is this mine was very obvious once u touched the pads

Guest R6 DYS

i have a 56 R6r with 3000 miles on it, at steady 5500 revs mine used to make a sort of tickin/ vibey noise anything above it went, anything below it went, it must have just been the perfect resonance,

anyways long story short i found the brake pads rocking in the caliper, not worn or anything, but rocking in the same direction as the wheel spin, freaky, braking was fine ect, and no warping on the discs,

had it replace by yam under warranty, but 200 miles later same again so now had the retaining pins, spring everything in the caliper thats not the caliper, replaced, seems okay this week, although i cracked and ordered an 08 while i was there :) so wont be doing anymore testing on this,

worth a quick feel anyways, if it is this mine was very obvious once u touched the pads

CHEERS FOR THAT MATE I WILL TRY THAT OUT!

CANT FAULT YOU ORDERING THE 08 VERSION R6 I THINK I WILL SWAP MINE JUST BEFORE MOT TIME NEXT YEAR MIND YOU THE WAY THEY ARE GOING WILL PROBABLY BE TOTALY DIFFERENT!! ONLY HAD MINE 2 YEARS AND THEY HAVE UPDATED THE THING TWICE MORE SINCE THEN, MIND YOU THE 08 VERSION R6 IS THE FIRST 600 TO HIT 170 MPH OUT THE BOX MMMM TEMPTING!

REGARDS R6DYS

CHEERS FOR THAT MATE I WILL TRY THAT OUT!

CANT FAULT YOU ORDERING THE 08 VERSION R6 I THINK I WILL SWAP MINE JUST BEFORE MOT TIME NEXT YEAR MIND YOU THE WAY THEY ARE GOING WILL PROBABLY BE TOTALY DIFFERENT!! ONLY HAD MINE 2 YEARS AND THEY HAVE UPDATED THE THING TWICE MORE SINCE THEN, MIND YOU THE 08 VERSION R6 IS THE FIRST 600 TO HIT 170 MPH OUT THE BOX MMMM TEMPTING!

REGARDS R6DYS

they update everytwo years, sometimes a colour swap after 1, the new r6 looks the same as my last, but if you ride pretty hard u notice a lot more power more of the time, they say the supension is better but im not good enough to notice that, al though when my last one had the suspension set up for me i did notice it was better

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online