FZR600 18" Rear Rim convertion to 17" Rim.

ninja365
This post is 6001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Looking for advice on converting the rear 18inch rim on my 600 to a 17 inch rim. Has anyone done this and what is needed to get it all working?

Is it just a question of finding a 17 inch x 4.00 rim . :unsure:

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there a gs500 wheel fits straight in, same width and same size spindle, will just need more spacers and need a bracket for the rear brake , i did mine but then took it out as i couldnt find any dif size rear sprockets they quite small on the gs,,,, the way i found out was look on m and p look at wheel bearings to see which bike takes a 14mm spindle and just worked it out from there,,,,,, think a gsxr600 wheel takes a 14mm spindle, u will need to find out the distance between the sprocket and disc think on the fzr it was 7 in so for wot i worked out if it was more than this it wont work the gs was about 6 i think thats why u need the bracket for the brake , might play again in the summer to do mine,

hope this helps,,,,,,,,,,,,, mick

would show u a pic of wot i done but dont no how to put pics on.