Bike wont idle

Warper4evr
This post is 6004 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought a 1995 yzf 600 and the bike would not idle it would just shut off but if you get it into the higher rpms it runs pretty smooth. I can puill on the choke and it will stay on. I took it apart and saw that the rubber boots under the carbs were dry rotted and put new ones on and put it back together and stated it up again and now when i pull the choke it will only idle at 1000 rpm but when i first got it and pulled the choke it would idle at 2500 to 3000 rpm like it should i stilll think it is getting to much air but i dont know where i think i put on the rubber boots right i was thinking maybe i didnt and maybe the o ring isnt sitting tight and it is leaking there but i have run out of ideas if anybody can give my any it would be great thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought a 1995 yzf 600 and the bike would not idle it would just shut off but if you get it into the higher rpms it runs pretty smooth. I can puill on the choke and it will stay on. I took it apart and saw that the rubber boots under the carbs were dry rotted and put new ones on and put it back together and stated it up again and now when i pull the choke it will only idle at 1000 rpm but when i first got it and pulled the choke it would idle at 2500 to 3000 rpm like it should i stilll think it is getting to much air but i dont know where i think i put on the rubber boots right i was thinking maybe i didnt and maybe the o ring isnt sitting tight and it is leaking there but i have run out of ideas if anybody can give my any it would be great thanks

Hello.... was the bike sitting for a while with out being started if so your problem may be a cloged idle circuit .. the symptoms that you describe is usualy caused by a clogged idle circuit to correct this the carbs need to be completely cleaned and taken apart and checked. every little orphis must be clean and free of obstruction some holes are smaller than the size of a small needle so make sure all is clear....(UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING YOU COULD BE OPENING A CAN OF WORMS)..if you never cleaned carbs before or dont know much about them take them to a local shop there is alot more to cleaning carbs than just spraying them with carb cleaner .....!!!

Thanks man i think it was sitting for awhile but the guy said that they were new carbs so i will try cleaning them out tomorrow my dad as do alot of carb work i really only messed with injection and i know that carb are alot more complex. thanks for your advice

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online