My 1991 Yamaha FZR1000 stored in cold, clutch now not working. Help!!

Megocentral
This post is 6001 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, I'd like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I currently reside in New Haven Connecticut, approximately 10 minutes from the Yale University campus.

Like I mentioned in the title of this thread, I own a 1991 Yamaha FZR1000 that is in beautiful condition. Each year I store it over the winter months in my garage and this year I decided to insulate all of the pipes that run through the garage thus making the temps drop to around 20 degrees. When I put the bike away last this past November, the clutch was working fine. Now it doesnt work at all. The handle has no resistance at all when I squeeze it. I have spoken to a mechanic at my Yamaha dealer and he said that since it is a hydraulic clutch the cold weather cold be affecting it.

My question is this. Is there anything that I can do to remedy this? Will this restore itself once the weather turns warm or I have I damaged something by squeezing the left clutch handle grip? This has been driving me crazy and I would so appreciate any help that you guys and gals could provide. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everyone, I'd like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I currently reside in New Haven Connecticut, approximately 10 minutes from the Yale University campus.

Like I mentioned in the title of this thread, I own a 1991 Yamaha FZR1000 that is in beautiful condition. Each year I store it over the winter months in my garage and this year I decided to insulate all of the pipes that run through the garage thus making the temps drop to around 20 degrees. When I put the bike away last this past November, the clutch was working fine. Now it doesnt work at all. The handle has no resistance at all when I squeeze it. I have spoken to a mechanic at my Yamaha dealer and he said that since it is a hydraulic clutch the cold weather cold be affecting it.

My question is this. Is there anything that I can do to remedy this? Will this restore itself once the weather turns warm or I have I damaged something by squeezing the left clutch handle grip? This has been driving me crazy and I would so appreciate any help that you guys and gals could provide. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

really would no but try putting it in gear and rock back and forward while pulling the clutch in and try running the engine this is wot i would try might work ,,,,,, hope u get it sorted

its hydrolics

on a push bike with hydrolic brakes if you pull the lever when the wheel is of the brakes will lock together

so from that perspective i can see why it would have done it

so trying to stick it into gear etc will do nothing for it no matter how many times you try it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online