oh man i got lapped by a turtle

rball755
This post is 6011 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys got a big prob I have a virago 535 for one lol. but no my prob is my son pushed my bike over in the grass one day and now I can't go over 45 mph. I have replaced the fuel filter and still no change. there was a little rust in the old one. when it go's up hill no power at all. throttle all the way down. but crazy thing when it was pushed over this is were my prob began. plugs are dry black on both cylenders. and my fuel pump go's crazy sounds like clicking and clicking and clicking. i am at a lost now . can some one help please.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys got a big prob I have a virago 535 for one lol. but no my prob is my son pushed my bike over in the grass one day and now I can't go over 45 mph. I have replaced the fuel filter and still no change. there was a little rust in the old one. when it go's up hill no power at all. throttle all the way down. but crazy thing when it was pushed over this is were my prob began. plugs are dry black on both cylenders. and my fuel pump go's crazy sounds like clicking and clicking and clicking. i am at a lost now . can some one help please.

Hi there,sounds very much like either your choke is stuck on or your float in your carb is stuck due either to there being dirt sticking the needle open or your float has become stuck? Your plugs should be a light brown or tan colour if it is running properly,black indicates that it is getting far to much fuel, First check your choke then try tapping the float bowl with the ignition on to see if that stops your fuel pump clicking,if not you will need to remove the carb and strip and clean it!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online