Leathers

TazR6
This post is 5995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a two piece black Rhino set, which are mega thick and heavy that I use on cold days.

I have a Frank Thomas color coordinated one piece I use for track days (only done one do far) and for longer runs on warmer days.

I have just got another color coordinated two piece that I will use mainly in place of the one piece, as it will be much better for walking around places when I get there. they are fully zippable, pretty much making them a one piece. the back protection is not as good as the one piece, so I will wear a seperate back/kidney protector.

This is the latest;

04-04-0804.jpg

The one piece;

l184.jpg

The plain black;

100_2256.jpg

What do you wear? Mine is only budget stuff, but the best I can afford.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the weather gets cold enough (rarely ever does) I layer my leathers. Traditional leather vest, American police leather jacket and a full-length leather duster. But usually I only wear the duster until it gets toasty here. It's been close to 90 deg. F. lately and will only get warmer until maybe November. I keep it to the vest and gloves at this point. If I crash asphalt poisoning will be the least of my worries.

Usually my waterproof combats cos the weather is the pits here at the mo, and my powertrip jacket - does the job for me and means i dont look like a damned power ranger :lol:

pt-4.jpg

Usually my waterproof combats cos the weather is the pits here at the mo, and my powertrip jacket - does the job for me and means i dont look like a damned power ranger :lol:

pt-4.jpg

Thats a good piece of kit.

I tend not to do waterproof stuff, as I dont have the bike out in the rain. However, the car is going in the next couple of weeks or so, so that is likely to change. It will only come out in the rain if its a crucial trip I have to take.

Maybe looking at waterproofs is something I should look in to.

You cheeky sod Lezza!

Thats a good piece of kit.

Yeah its not bad at all. Its about time there was some decent looking stuff for women, as i find a lot of it is either pink - which i flatly refuse to wear - i may be a girly but it dont mean i wanna look like Biker Barbie - or it resembles the mens stuff and isnt very flattering at all. The Powertrip gear is fully adjustable in all the right places, fully armoured including spinal protection and is clearly ladylike without being poncy or flowery :D

I tend not to do waterproof stuff, as I dont have the bike out in the rain. However, the car is going in the next couple of weeks or so, so that is likely to change. It will only come out in the rain if its a crucial trip I have to take.

Maybe looking at waterproofs is something I should look in to.

Theres some great waterproofs out there - some better than others. I have the Spada combats which have knee armour and hip protection and are only £39.99 - They are mens but the ladies waterproof pants available are absolute shite! The down side is you cant really walk about in them without something underneath cos they stick to you and are proper yakky lol. My OH has a great pair of Richa pants and reckons they are brilliant :D

Always wear leather unless its cold then a textile jacket and leather jeans with thermals under.

Had a 1 piece on my other bike but very uncomfortable when off the bike. Bought a 2 piece which zips together for added protection, jacket has a built in back protector plus the standard armour.

Always wear leather unless its cold then a textile jacket and leather jeans with thermals under.

Had a 1 piece on my other bike but very uncomfortable when off the bike. Bought a 2 piece which zips together for added protection, jacket has a built in back protector plus the standard armour.

Pics? Not of you lol. Just your Leathers. (Post a pic o fyou if you like hto lol!)

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Here my Lather folks i do have set of Textiles which i normaly were but i thought i will show off my leathers! lol

This is my Track day leathers! The Akito Imola 2pc suit! With crash damage lol.

n715826373_544325_7022.jpg

This is me Normal every day leathers. Hein Gericke

n715826373_544326_7759.jpg

And this is an upto date pic of my Fazer 6

n715826373_544324_6837.jpg

Yamaha_R6-16.jpg

Heres on of me on Easter Sunday bringing the back back north after picking it.

Hand leather jacket on under the windproof top cos it was f*****g freezing on the motorway.

Will take another one of my leathers and post it on later

Cheers mate. I am 'looking after' for a mate whos not passed his test yet. Love it, brilliant ride and its in top condition.

The guy who owned it before had a custom paint job done on it plus hes R6'd whatever he could - heel plates, cap on the brake fluid container etc etc.

The white rims take some cleanin though lol

leathers2.jpg

Here they are my Richa leathers, had them a while now but they do the job. Treat them to leather cream and its kept them supple.

Armour in the right places and a all round zip so they fit together

i have a Rev'it 2 peice leather suit. sidi vertigo boots and a kbc vr2 helmet, and a pair of frank thomas aqua blade gloves for the chilly times and a pair of rst sports one for the warmer days. also have a frank thomas jacket for chilly days but i dont wear it much anymore, prefer my leather jacket too much!!

o and i work for rivetts, which is the uk's number 1 frank thomas dealer. we also sell sidi boots. its all good :) only reason i have other stuff is cos i purchased it before i started working there.

What do you use to clean your lethers???

I bought a tub of this leather cream, which nourishes the leather and keeps it supple. It also makes the water bead on the leather.

Seems to work, both jeans and jacket are supple and not cracking as they sometimes do.

The stuff I use came from a local bike dealer - about £4 a tub, it last for ages.

alpinestar T-Dyno jacket

14092007636.jpg

Hein gericke Jake 2 jeans

HGJAKEII2.jpg

spada milan trousers i had just before the hg ones

Spada_milan.jpg

alpinestar storm drystar gloves

stormglv.jpg

Arai Chaser Camo (Baught 1 month before my accident)

chaser_camouflage_blu.jpg

;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online