fzr 1000 2speed gearbox

paul123
This post is 5968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is there any where i can buy a 2 speed gearbox for the fzr 1000 or dose anyone now how i can take out all the gears but 2nd and 3rd

why don't you restrict the gear change quadrant (if the're fitted on modern bikes) just fill in the teeth where you don't want gears.

next Q is, what's it for?

its for a speedway sidecar

update i have purchased a new clutch a mallossi one and im still haveing the same problem the bike isnt pull any white and more ideas please i have spoken to some one about compression and they say that if it was that the bike would take osme starting but its that easy i can start it with my hand with the kick and also he said there would be loads smoke comeing out of exaust is there any possibility that the big spring in the clutch could have gone and it isnt holding as much pressure as it should thanks

update i have purchased a new clutch a mallossi one and im still haveing the same problem the bike isnt pull any white and more ideas please i have spoken to some one about compression and they say that if it was that the bike would take osme starting but its that easy i can start it with my hand with the kick and also he said there would be loads smoke comeing out of exaust is there any possibility that the big spring in the clutch could have gone and it isnt holding as much pressure as it should thanks

eh!? my blacks can pull and the osme starting was fine. unfortunalty my hand can't kick start with the big spring on me crutch!!

eh!? my blacks can pull and the osme starting was fine. unfortunalty my hand can't kick start with the big spring on me crutch!!

Dyslexia

Researchers have discovered that excessive winking can cause Dyslexia, hwoeever this is only in etxreem cases of slef abuse

Dyslexia

Researchers have discovered that excessive winking can cause Dyslexia, hwoeever this is only in etxreem cases of slef abuse

nah, winking is good for you!! its the quality of schooling today and to much txtng and l33t sp33k!

nah, winking is good for you!! its the quality of schooling today and to much txtng and l33t sp33k!

Come on Drewpy, kids are getting cleverer by the year, every year they achieve better results in their exams, its some kind of miracle evolution thats going on, you must have heard that exam standards (and therefore teaching standards) are not slipping. So its either txtng or winking i thnk.

QUOTE (paul123 @ Apr 6 2008, 07:00 AM)

is there any where i can buy a 2 speed gearbox for the fzr 1000 or dose anyone now how i can take out all the gears but 2nd and 3rd

If you press down just once and lift up just once, you have a two speed box,,,No?

If my computer ever broke I would have it repaired urgently as I would miss these laughs soooo much. :P

Come on Drewpy, kids are getting cleverer by the year, every year they achieve better results in their exams, its some kind of miracle evolution thats going on, you must have heard that exam standards (and therefore teaching standards) are not slipping. So its either txtng or winking i thnk.

If you press down just once and lift up just once, you have a two speed box,,,No?

pull your head in wake up to yourself

kids aren't cleverer, its the crap exam Questions they get and the school system.

My kids are in school and even though the schools are in the top 10, they flit from 1 subject to the next and if you don't get it, tough.

then there are no winners and losers , just participants. and playing certain games like "tikky it" is banned due to health & safety!! no wonder private schooling is on the up!!!

don't know if you saw that programme where the kids did the old O level standards, 2 passed out of 30, enough said

• 1 month later...

I assume you want neutral ,2,3 . This is what you do split engine down to the shift drum (shift cam) remove from motor. You will notice three groves around the circumference these groves move the shift forks to their appropriate positions . drill holes in these grooves at the appropriate places to create stops(use roll pins in the holes) and wont allow the gearbox to change to the gears you don't wont.

I assume you want neutral ,2,3 . This is what you do split engine down to the shift drum (shift cam) remove from motor. You will notice three groves around the circumference these groves move the shift forks to their appropriate positions . drill holes in these grooves at the appropriate places to create stops(use roll pins in the holes) and wont allow the gearbox to change to the gears you don't wont.

Thats the simple and inexpensive way to get the job done but a pin could always work loose and create some damage. You could weld the drum too.

I imagine we could make a 2 speed transmission but it would be a lot easier to simply weld that drum up. You can possibly also remove the shift segment pins from the end of the drum assembly. I don't remember if it's accessible from under the clutch basket but if it is you wouldn't even need to remove the engine from the chassis. Just pull the end off the shift drum that the shift shaft engages and just remove the unneeded pins so it won't shift for those gears.

Sean Morley

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online