Front Brake Binding?

YamahaTubthumper
This post is 5924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi y'all.

I bought my YBR 125 (2006) about three weeks ago and have hardly had the time to use it since. I noticed yesterday that the front wheel is not exactly free running, in that the pads rub stopping the wheel in about 1/4 rotation after a 'good swing'.

The pads were fitted by the Triumph dealership I bought it from the day I collected it, so are 37 miles 'old'. The fluid level is well up in the resevoir, but not excessively so.

I took it apart yesterday and cleaned out all the dust etc. and the caliper seemed to be quite free running.

Should I just let these bed in, of should I be covering it all in copper-ease before hiring a truck and taking it to the Yamaha dealer with a cab-full of cash.

Also, while I think of it Michelin Pilot Sporties or Sava MC7's? <_<

All opinions gratefully received.

All the best,

YamahaTubthumper

(They make drums too!)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, take it back to the dealer who fitted pads, they prob didnt clean the piston or seals when they fitted your pads,

You need to bed new pads in by using them.

I agree with Yoda, after restoring my bike, the mot tester commeted that they were binding, but after about 100 mile they free'd themselves by bedding in. ie matching the profile of the disk with the angle of the caliper

lol i have a 06 aswell.....

and the exact same thing happend to me, i you need to keep a eye on that mate

also keep a eye on the back brake ( drum )

sorry if i bumped this topic, useful information i think?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online