FZR 400 rr wont start!

crashtestdummy
This post is 6012 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

FZR 400 rr wont start!

I took the bike for its MOT yesterday with no problems at all. Went to go for a blast today and nothing!! Pressing the starter did absolutely zero.

The bike is fitted with a Datatool system 3 alarm so i guess it could be immobilised by this but all the other features of the alarm are functional. The bike ignition will turn on and the exup valve will do its usual rotation. I've tried starting it in neutral with the side stand down and up, clutch in and out. In gear with clutch in and out.

I'm not that good with electronics so please go easy on me! :unsure:

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what happens when you press starter button? clicking? does engine spin? nothing at all? is your battery charged up? go through all your fuses including the 30 amp main fuse , the green one. let me know...

I forgot to mention i did check the alarm inline fuse and its ok.

The batt is 2wks old and have checked it with a multimeter.

Pressing the starter does absolutely nothing. No noises or movement of any kind

Where can i find the fuses you mentioned? Sorry but i've never had an electrical issue on this bike before :icon_redface1:

Ok i have managed to find a fuse box under the passenger seat and checked all the fuses but they're all ok :icon_confused:

They were as follows 2 x yellow 20 amp and 2 x red 10 amp

Cant find the 30 amp green fuse though

Give us a clue!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online