More expense. the Joys of Motorcyles I guess lol!

TazR6
This post is 6029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have developed a tight spot on the chain, and am looking to replace it.

The bike is a 2000 R6.

Any recommendations as to what to get? Is an "X" ring advantageous over an "O" ring for example? I have not really got a clue what to go for.

Thank you in adavance for your help.

Neil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nobody ever bought a chain then lol!

Im looking at a D.I.D. X Ring chain, but at over £100, is it worth it? Is X better than O etc?

Anybody

Neil

Nobody ever bought a chain then lol!

Im looking at a D.I.D. X Ring chain, but at over £100, is it worth it? Is X better than O etc?

Anybody

Neil

I got a kit like this for my R1 but haven't put it on the bike as yet, as far as I know X rings are better and more durable then O rings, have a look, good price and quick delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-YZF-R6-99-02-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Hope that helps.

hi, you get what you pay for in this game, did are great chains and x ring is poss marginally better , if you look after your chain correctly they differ very little, you need to clean it once a weekproperly and lube it after a ride when the chain is hot so the lube soakes into the rollers and between the o rings etc.

I got a kit like this for my R1 but haven't put it on the bike as yet, as far as I know X rings are better and more durable then O rings, have a look, good price and quick delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-YZF-R6-99-02-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Hope that helps.

I went for that one. Seems quite reasonable, and in the past 2 days, 4 people in shops have recommended Tsubaki chains.

Thank you very much for your time.

I will be sure to look after this one, as it has to last.

Neil

I only got 3,000 miles out of an "X" ring chain on my 250 rebel, but that was due to improper installation at the dealership. I did get nearly 16,000 miles out of an "O" ring chain with proper install. I think you get more ring with the "O" since they didn't cut material out of it to get the "X." I will never buy another chain drive bike again after that.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online