1982 XS400R SECA

kccaroYFZ450
This post is 5893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm looking at a 1982 Yamaha XS400R Seca as my first motorcycle. It's mostly to get to work and back, as gas prices are killing me. The bike has low miles, needs a few cosmetic things, (turn signals are not attached, and will need to be replaced) it may need a new battery as well.

My question is: What type of things should I look for when I get pictures from the seller? What kind of questions should I ask him? What types of things typically go wrong with these machines?

I own a yamaha fourwheeler, and I'm not afraid of wrenching on my own machine. I just want to avoid having a total lemon on my hands, I want a bike that I can ride consistently, not keep putting money into. Any input would be helpful! Thanks!

-Kevin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You must go and see the bike, don't buy it on pictures.

Look for normal wear and tare, clutch, sprockets, chain, brakes, tires, lights, head bearings, swing arm bearings, battery and so on. Not sure about something, then take an expert.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online