yamaha aerox problem plz help

SPARKY64
This post is 5364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi the other day i was going along the road on my aerox 50/70 kit on and my bike lost power and cut out i started the bike back up and i was doing 5mph max speed for a few meters down the road then the bike just cut out i came home took the casing off an my belt as shreaded me and my brother have cleaned all the remains of the belt out and we have replaced it with the mallossi kevlar belt which was the same as the one that shreadded we have put the bike back together and took it for a test run but now when i accelerate there is only a little power and i dont move at all i can hold the bike still on full throttle with my feet we have cleaned the air filter out and it is still the same does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem the bike is yamaha aerox 50 with a 70 kit on it it is a 2000 reg and as done about 15k thanks hope some one can help me thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi dude, have look at variator rollers and clutch shoes for wear or damage,have you got good compression??

hi dude, have look at variator rollers and clutch shoes for wear or damage,have you got good compression??

hi thank you for youre reply therer is good compression sum bits are damaged are the clutch shoes them 3red plastic things after we put the new belt on it was running fine but after a few minutes it got slower and till it was doing nothing

hi thank you for youre reply therer is good compression sum bits are damaged are the clutch shoes them 3red plastic things after we put the new belt on it was running fine but after a few minutes it got slower and till it was doing nothing

update i have bought a new variater kit and rollers and fitted them and im still having the same problem the bike isnt pulling on accelleration any ideas please thanks

ok, the clutch shoes are under the rear part of the drive system where the belt goes on at the back, you need to take the other metal cover piece off and clutch shoes are under that, they are like brake shoes there are nornally three of them held on with springs. there is a large spring which holds pressure for hole lot , these also break sometimes , if the clutch slips then the belt will not drive the rear wheel. if you start and run bike on the stand does the real wheel spin? the only other thing that comes to mind is its not changing gear or is stuck in a high gear .. there are some lil gears in the rear of the drive unit, sometimes they break or jam up..

ok, the clutch shoes are under the rear part of the drive system where the belt goes on at the back, you need to take the other metal cover piece off and clutch shoes are under that, they are like brake shoes there are nornally three of them held on with springs. there is a large spring which holds pressure for hole lot , these also break sometimes , if the clutch slips then the belt will not drive the rear wheel. if you start and run bike on the stand does the real wheel spin? the only other thing that comes to mind is its not changing gear or is stuck in a high gear .. there are some lil gears in the rear of the drive unit, sometimes they break or jam up..

how thick should the shoes be they look warn and not much on them either the wheel spins when i lift it off the floor

the shoes should have 5/6mm of material on them , if they look warn then they most prob are..they not too expensive,

the shoes should have 5/6mm of material on them , if they look warn then they most prob are..they not too expensive,

have u any idea how i split the clutch to get to replace the shoes and spring as its conected to where the belt goes thanks

i would had a picture of the clutch but i dont know how to lol

you need to remove the metal cover by taking off the small nut prob 14/17 mm, when this is off the whole lot should come off, thn you un hook the shoes ,

you need to remove the metal cover by taking off the small nut prob 14/17 mm, when this is off the whole lot should come off, thn you un hook the shoes ,

does the springs hold the clutch shoes in place if u have msn my email is [email protected] or yahoo [email protected]

yes the springs hold shoes in place, when you take the bowl shaped metal cover off you will see them ,if you didnt remove this cover after the belt shreded then its poss the clutch is ful of belt bits making it slip///

Hi, what you may have experience is a light seizure. had the same thing on my old runner 70, the cylinder still had compression but the finger over the spark plug hole will not let you know if a badly scored cylinder its proves that doesent work as you can get compression with half a piston if its turning over quick enough. what you want is a compression gauge and measure the compression regularly for ring wear etc., also like others have said the worn belt would mean your clutch was basically having to work harder before hand to engage meaning it could be very worn, so check for genral wear and tear also try some stiffer clutch springs, and mabye drop a gram rollerweights.

hope this helps...

update i have purchased a new clutch a mallossi one and im still haveing the same problem the bike isnt pull any white and more ideas please i have spoken to some one about compression and they say that if it was that the bike would take osme starting but its that easy i can start it with my hand with the kick and also he said there would be loads smoke comeing out of exaust is there any possibility that the big spring in the clutch could have gone and it isnt holding as much pressure as it should thanks

• 1 year later...

hi the other day i was going along the road on my aerox 50/70 kit on and my bike lost power and cut out i started the bike back up and i was doing 5mph max speed for a few meters down the road then the bike just cut out i came home took the casing off an my belt as shreaded me and my brother have cleaned all the remains of the belt out and we have replaced it with the mallossi kevlar belt which was the same as the one that shreadded we have put the bike back together and took it for a test run but now when i accelerate there is only a little power and i dont move at all i can hold the bike still on full throttle with my feet we have cleaned the air filter out and it is still the same does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem the bike is yamaha aerox 50 with a 70 kit on it it is a 2000 reg and as done about 15k thanks hope some one can help me thanks

Yh i had that same problem only fixed it today, i cleaned the jets and the air filter but it still boged down so i put it on the stand full throttled it and it cleared out now its running fine

Yamaha Aerox 05

Polini Evo II Exhaust

Polini Variator, 3.9kg and 4.9kg rollers

Polini Kevlar Belt

Stage6 70cc Aluminium Head

• 2 months later...