XJ600 (Pre Divvy) CDI Wiring Question - PLS Help!!

Stewb
This post is 6017 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Am new to the Yamaha Owners fold!! Just bought a 1991/2 XJ600 (3KM) (Pre Divvy) as a non runner (seemed like a good idea at the time!!)

Somebody has hacked the wiring tothe CDI box & tried to fit a box off a different XJ (550 I think - it has a "4U8" code on it).

The issue I have is that I don't have the orignal connectors on my harness. I can get the correct CDI box for my bike from a breakers fairly easily but I need to know which colour wire goes to which pin on the CDI box.

So....if any helpful soul could take the RH sidepanel off thier bike & either take a photo of the CDI box or make a note / scribble a sketch of which wire goes where then that would really help me out.

I have the haynes manual but it doesn't tell me which pin is which - just the wire colours & where they go.

Thanks in advance,

Stewart.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You are just out of luck as i have just binned the wiring loom of the xj600, still got the cdi.

All the info you need is in the haynes manual, if you look at the diagram it gives you the shape of the plugs and where each wire goes in that plug so should be reasonably straight forward.

You are just out of luck as i have just binned the wiring loom of the xj600, still got the cdi.

All the info you need is in the haynes manual, if you look at the diagram it gives you the shape of the plugs and where each wire goes in that plug so should be reasonably straight forward.

Ain't it always the way.......

Wonder if the manual you have is different to the one I have as it just shows the CDI box with a row of wires going into it. It has no detail of connector types at all...It is a later edition (the ones printed on toilet tissue if you know what I mean)

Is the CDI you have a spare you'd consider selling??

Thanks for the reply by the way!!

Stew

Thank you sooooooo much for that - absoloutely perfect!!

Somebody certainly has been messing with the wiring on my bike by the looks of things.....

I'm wondering if the CDI failure & subsiquent bodge is covering an underlying issue?? Something like the reg/rec having failed & cooked the electrics??

I maybe buying a reg/rec off you as well Dave!!

Thanks for the help & you have PM re the parts.

Cheers,

Stewart